All-Star Help Please . Advice Needed ):

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 7, 2011
Gym A has been around for about 6 years and gym B was just established from coaches from one surrounding gym. I from gym A decided that I'm going to be a good person and befriend a girl the same age as me who I go to school with at gym B. It went well. About a month goes by and my team competes as Junior 4 , but we just can't get a win in. So we hop down to Junior 3. Yay! But wait, our gyms have to go against each other at the next competition (UGH!) . So gym A goes and competes against gym B and gym A wins. (Yay) .... And me and my friend are still on good terms ! Like still talking in every class so nice and jolly.

NOW TO TODAY : I go to school with my gym owners son, hes actually one of my really good friends. And he asks us which gym is better gym A or gym B ? And of course kidding around me I say " OH welllllll probably gym A because gym B sucksss they ain't as good as us cause we beat 'em " and the whole group of us were laughing because i was kidding around you know? Even the girl from gym B was laughing. Nothing serious no harm no foul.

BUT THEN : The girl from gym B , my friend decides to post this on facebook today :Don't say that my team sucks, when you say you want to come to our gym next year, and when you team had to drop down a level to even win! Kkthanks!!!!:)

Heres our conversation after that comment :
Me:Jenna this seriously isn't cool . I was just kidding no need to take anything that far. If you had to say something to me you could have to my face. Thought we were friends. But the crowns just plastic. Fake .
Her:There was a need to take it this far, your not going to tell me my team sucks just because you all beat us once by dropping down a level!
Me:If you were offenced by me kidding around.. then you could've told me to my face. But you had to take it a step too far and post something on facebook? Thats just plain childish.
Her: It's childish to say something in the first place. You weren't kidding because you say it all the time and you sayed it more than once today.
Me: I'm pretty sure I didn't but thats okay you do you. I was laughing and you were smiling. I'm just making a point if you wanted to say something to me about it ; then you could've to my face in spanish , at lunch , in english , in health ! There was time... But hey , now you've started all this unessary drama
Her:Get squad straight legs then say Gym B sucks
Me: Okay! Well.. I hope you finish the season good ! :)

What should I do tomorrow at school we have 5 classes together. Theres no ignoring. Help Please!?

Have a good ole fashioned jump off

This!

Or you could try saying "I'm sorry" and meaning it.... I didn't see anywhere in the conversation where you apologized because honestly you should've never made that remark.

Side bar. My sister hates it when people discuss cheer at school. Doesn't matter if its someone from her high school team or another all star gym....its like her super pet peeve. I see why

I obviously don't know if you did... but I would seriously try to think about what she said. Every conflict has two sides. Yes, there was no reason to put it on facebook instead of talking to you. However, if you repeatedly "joke" about her gym sucking, especially when you win I could see it getting very old. Once again, I don't know if you do tease her, just try and think about it from her perspective.

I obviously don't know if you did... but I would seriously try to think about what she said. Every conflict has two sides. Yes, there was no reason to put it on facebook instead of talking to you. However, if you repeatedly "joke" about her gym sucking, especially when you win I could see it getting very old. Once again, I don't know if you do tease her, just try and think about it from her perspective.
I completely understand were you coming from Thank you. And I have tried my hardest to put myself and her shoes. But I told the joke about her gym sucking once, which i said today in 3rd period. I try to control myself because I know that whatever I say affects the way people think about me and my gym. I just wish she could have talked to me about it to me at lunch( the class right after). She sits at my table and she acted like nothing was wrong, talked to me and everything.

Take the mature role and apologize. If she wants to still be friends she will accept the friendship but if she doesn't move on. Your friend (gym owner son) should not have asked that question, he knew that would cause a problem because everyone thinks there gym is better and maybe he was trying to break up the new friendship (IMO)

This!

Or you could try saying "I'm sorry" and meaning it.... I didn't see anywhere in the conversation where you apologized because honestly you should've never made that remark.

Side bar. My sister hates it when people discuss cheer at school. Doesn't matter if its someone from her high school team or another all star gym....its like her super pet peeve. I see why
Thank you. And I will say I'm sorry. I just thought because we were such good of friends then she really wouldn't have taken offense. Yeah I see why too! Thanks again !:)

Take the mature role and apologize. If she wants to still be friends she will accept the friendship but if she doesn't move on. Your friend (gym owner son) should not have asked that question, he knew that would cause a problem because everyone thinks there gym is better and maybe he was trying to break up the new friendship (IMO)
Okay thank you. I will try my hardest to !! :)

Put yourself in her place. If her team won and she said about your gym what you said about hers, how happy would you be- especially in front of other people. You owe her a sincere apology, preferably in front of the same people you were with originally. And I'm not surprised she laughed initially in front of all those other people, it's a lot less embarassing to appear to be laughing at yourself than to be the object of the laughter. Hopefully this is a lesson learned in how to be a friend. Good luck.

aggie1983 cheerfan27 HeresAThought

The comments on that status were so rude.. Gym B has a cheer in their routine and at the end they say "Now Bow Down". So now her team mates, coaches, and parents. Even her gym owner posted on her status " NOW BOW DOWN ". If i say sorry.... I'm bowing down ):

aggie1983 cheerfan27 HeresAThought

The comments on that status were so rude.. Gym B has a cheer in their routine and at the end they say "Now Bow Down". So now her team mates, coaches, and parents. Even her gym owner posted on her status " NOW BOW DOWN ". If i say sorry.... I'm bowing down ):
No one would think of it like that. Either way you won the competition... apologizing wouldn't be bowing down, it would be saving a friendship.

Back