High School hot weather uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 31, 2014
I dont think our heat wave we've had all summer is going to subside. How does everyone begin the season for FB cheer if it remains hot. Im assisting a HS squad that has the coach out for a medical issue for a bit. Their uniforms are all long sleeve but they have a stash of older styles from 2009- like '16 that are sleeveless shells/skirts and some that are cool retro ish. Thinking about digging around and see if I can use them for at least the first few weeks. 92 degrees yesterday and the girls were in long sleeves for the first day of school. The other assistants are totally on board. Obviously i can put a whole new uniform order in just helping out for the time being! Thanks!

Ugh. I've complained about the long sleeves in the past as well.

Just wear your program T-shirt (do you have one?) with your uniform skirt, white socks, cheer shoes and a really cute bow until it cools down.

Ugh. I've complained about the long sleeves in the past as well.

Just wear your program T-shirt (do you have one?) with your uniform skirt, white socks, cheer shoes and a really cute bow until it cools down.
We could do team t shirts, i just think it sort of takes away of the "look" for games. I sort of had no idea that the complete uniform trend moved into the athletic- type fabrics and long sleeves for all events. I am gaining some traction with alot of the parents on doing a retro revival of sorts with the older uniforms, which are in very good condition and theres tons of styles from over the years just in storage. Might have to do alot of work to fit everyone though!

Back