How Far Is Your Gym?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38404
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Typically about an hour and I'm passing several gyms along the way but it's worth every drop of gas. I know there are people that commute much longer then me so I have no complaints. I'd rather drive an hour each way for a proven strong gym then a drive down the street for one that consistently struggles.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We have two gyms where I live both about 20 mins from where I live. But I can't seem to fit in. It's not my home... There's a gym that is 1hour and 30 mins away. Nationals champs gym. Should I cheer there? How long do you drive to get to your gym. Any advice please!

My cp used to go to a gym 5 minutes from our house... but now I drive about 40 minutes (no traffic) -1 hour ( in traffic) but we love the 2nd gym!

Current gym is 30 minute drive. The new building will be 15 minutes away!
We have driven up to an hour and a half (in traffic), as much as cp liked the gym it was to much of a drive to do by myself and I didn't feel right asking her grandparents to commit to that.

One gym is 15 minutes, the other is 45 minutes away. She's currently dual gyming at both.

We drive am hour and 20 or so to get to our gym. It's a long commute but worth it for the level Droplet wants to be at. We spent two wonderful seasons with a local (15 mins) gym that we still love, but with Drops big dreams, it was time to move on, we have a large car pool so I only actually drive there once a week. (Drop goes 4-5 days)

I drive about 40 minutes for practice twice a week, and 35 for open gym, 30 for tumbling, and my other open gym is about 1 hour and 20 minutes or so. (Hello, my names is Lily and I'm a cheer addict. ;) ) To be honest the extra driving is worth it, and it can be really nice to have car time to separate your 'day' from what you need to accomplish at practice. I would rather drive a long time to be happy, then spend a short time traveling only to be miserable every day/all the time.

2 mins walking :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
You win!

Eta: when I first moved here and was looking for a place, there was these what looked like apartments that are gorgeous going up right next to stars literally only a parking lot and fence separate them. I was all set on moving in till the brick entrance way was built and it said senior living community.
Lol fail
nu7arygu.jpg

I am moving in a few months though and I'm interested in some that are like 2 buildings down from there but that's through a busy intersection. People walk it but I would not but it would be maybe 3 mins if you got stuck at the light. That is all! It will be so cool to be close although I'm still really close right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Honestly, I would make the longer trip if you are able. I was in the same situation as you. I was bullied at a gym that was, no offense, not going anywhere. So, I quit that team and went to ice all stars. And I loved it! :) it was 1 hr 30 mins. And there were a lot of snow storms but it was so worth it!

We just started driving 1 1/2 hrs each way to another gym carpooling with two others. We left a gym which was 10 minutes away ONLY because they didn't have a level appropriate team. We were with that gym for 10 years and it was a very very hard decision. We would never have left that gym if they had even the remote chance of having a level 5 team. To their credit they taught my cheerleader great skills and wished her well and asked her to visit often.

Back