How Many Days Do You Practice A Week?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Considering I am a cross oer and a coach, I am there Monday through Saturday. Monday,Tuesday ad Wednesdays I am there from 5:00-9:00 then Thursday 6:00-9:00. Friday is my short practice, just stunting, 6:00-7:30, unless I got to open gym then it's 6:00-10:00. Finally Saturday I practice 12:00-2:00, for tryouts. But what can I say the time is worth it! I love my gym! #azthunderforlife #mylife #thundernation

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

This year my youngest had practice Sun. 7-8:30; Mon. stretch class 5-5:30 & 2nd team practice from 5:30-7:30; Wed. stretch 5-5:20 & team practice 5:30-7:30; Thurs. tumbling class 5:30-6:50 & team practice 7-830; Fri. tumbling private 4:30-5:00; Sat. 1hour partner stunting private with her brother. My oldest had team practice Mon. & Wed. 5:30-7:30; Sat. 1hour partner stunting private with his sister. We were at the gym every day but Tuesday!!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

for all star I have 2 nights a week, both 2 hours (plus one 1 hour tumbling a week)
and for high school I have one night a week for 3 hours plus friday night football games and for basketball season we have two games a week

High school cheer practices more for me, 2:30-5:30 everyday, then we tumble wednesdays for an hour and a half

For all star I have 2 a week as a team. (Sundays are 3.5 hours , Wednesdays are 2.5 hours), but we also have we have tumbling classes for 1.5 hours. - competition season we add saturdays for 2 hours.

But my high school team practiced 5 days a week for the 2 weeks before our first game for 1.5 hours (so we had enough practices to cheer at our first game) and after that we had 2-3 days a week for 1.5 hours.

So yeah definitely my all star team practices more.

My Cp's AS mini team practices less than her rec team.

AS = 2 two hour practices a week, and 1 sixty minutes tumble class. (she usually does at least one more class on her own) . During a week with a Saturday comp, she only has one practice, plus tumble.

Her rec team practices 8 hours a week (4 two hour sessions) during the summer, and 3 days (six hours total ) in the fall. They are also required to cheer at a game on Sunday and she competes at five comps or pep rallies during that two month season. They are usually on Saturday or Friday night. Somewhere in the middle of all that she does one or two tumble classes a week too...I love her organization, but we pretty much are expected to eat, breathe and sleep cheer in Sept and Oct. There are probably about five other team events during that time too. like the kickoff BBQ that she is expected to attend!

My cp is on a J4 team They practice twice a week x 3hrs. She also has a tumbling private and comes in for group tumbling classes. Prob 5 days a week in total.

For allstar we practice once a week during the summer and twice a week when summer is over. There is also the option of open gym which would add in another day. My gym also offers stunt, jumping, flexibility, and conditioning classes which might add on another day depending on what classes you take.

When I did school sideline cheer we had practice everyday after school and then games Fridays and for school competition cheer we had practice everyday then competitions on weekends.

1 practice a week for my all-star team but when I did high school cheer football season we practice everyday after school for 3 hours! It was crazy.

Back