How To Convince My Mom To Let Me Do Allstar Cheer?!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Baltimore Ravens stunt too.

School cheerleaders can stunt. I'm confused where you got that notion. Do the school cheerleaders in your area not do high level stunts?
at my old Hs, the girls were only allowed to stunts up to their level and must have had five people in each stunt groups.

We had an all girl team and they did coed like stunts, but weren't allowed to go all the way up. Only half extension since they just started learning and that's how the coach wanted it.

at my old Hs, the girls were only allowed to stunts up to their level and must have had five people in each stunt groups.

We had an all girl team and they did coed like stunts, but weren't allowed to go all the way up. Only half extension since they just started learning and that's how the coach wanted it.
Was the 5th girl a frontspot?

I would make sure that you don't lump what your school did as what "high school for the most part" are doing, especially since you are referring to them as being low-level, meaning that there are other squads out there that are more talented.

I would make sure that you don't lump what your school did as what "high school for the most part" are doing, especially since you are referring to them as being low-level, meaning that there are other squads out there that are more talented.
??? My old high school is very low leveled in cheer for a 3a team.compared to other 3a teams in my area. So yes, there are more talented teams around.

Cases in point:

These are some of the best teams in high school cheerleading.

And here is a middle school. GO JAGS.

Yes. They were a very low level team for a 3a school.

Not having a front spot for my school cheer team, was like asking for an injury to happen.
If you (general you, not you in particular) cannot do a prep-level stunt without a front spot, you should not be doing prep-level stunts. EVER. Go back to hang drills, flyer body-awareness drills, thigh stands, etc until you can do those perfectly. Especially for a high school - preps should be a cake walk with proper drills and progressions, and if they are "like asking for an injury to happen," then they are not being taught correctly.

*Not really relevant to the topic at hand but I wanted to put that out there in case anyone was ever considering coaching and their whole experience was that preps require a front spot to be safe.

??? My old high school is very low leveled in cheer for a 3a team.compared to other 3a teams in my area. So yes, there are more talented teams around.
What she is trying to say (correct me if I'm wrong, @DaniV) is that you said "school cheer for the most part can't go up in coed stunts". Just because YOUR high school can't does not mean that the majority of high schools can't (which is what "for the most part" means). Your statement was not accurate, and @DaniV, I believe, was just requesting that you not assume that what is true for your high school is true for the majority.

What she is trying to say (correct me if I'm wrong, @DaniV) is that you said "school cheer for the most part can't go up in coed stunts". Just because YOUR high school can't does not mean that the majority of high schools can't (which is what "for the most part" means). Your statement was not accurate, and @DaniV, I believe, was just requesting that you not assume that what is true for your high school is true for the majority.
That's probably best taken on a region by region basis. There are MANY schools that don't/ shouldn't stunt. I don't think that a generalization can be made for either side.

That's probably best taken on a region by region basis. There are MANY schools that don't/ shouldn't stunt. I don't think that a generalization can be made for either side.
I don't think anything I said made a generalization on either side.

Back