All-Star How Would You Change All Star Scoring?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I definetly agree. With coed stunting becoming more utilized in routines, there needs to be better differences between the scores you recieve for each skill. Teams with ball-up stretches should recieve more points than a team with toss extensions. The thing I want to know is should a team with assisted rewinds recieve more points than non assisted toss cupies or toss stretches?

hmm... because assisted is normally easier but if the skill is harder than would that affect the score?

There's multiple levels of an assist as well. A ball up stretch vs a rewind with a bump in the toss on the catch I would say the rewind is roughly the same in value. A rewind with no bump on the toss and an assist on the catch, I would put the rewind as more difficult, and a rewind with no bump or assist on the catch is way ahead of a ball up heel stretch.

Start making it.

I just may have to...

There's multiple levels of an assist as well. A ball up stretch vs a rewind with a bump in the toss on the catch I would say the rewind is roughly the same in value. A rewind with no bump on the toss and an assist on the catch, I would put the rewind as more difficult, and a rewind with no bump or assist on the catch is way ahead of a ball up heel stretch.

Thank you! I think judges should definetly make a score sheet for this for coed teams. It would definetly make stunting difficulty go up!

Andre said:
Judge don't make the score sheet.

It would make sense for them to. They know the most about how scoring works and what would be the most balanced IMO--or they should anyway : )

It would make sense for them to. They know the most about how scoring works and what would be the most balanced IMO--or they should anyway : )

Some EPs aren't willing to put someone else in charge of their scoring system, whether it be the USASF or judges.

Right now the USASF release the score sheets for 1 event a year and seems to get nothing but complaints about it when it's released, then again when it's used.

That is a matter of the timing of the release. If they released the scoresheet the year before it goes into affect there would be less complaining.

Right now the USASF release the score sheets for 1 event a year and seems to get nothing but complaints about it when it's released, then again when it's used.
Well the people have issues with it.

Let's look at the AG6 score sheet.
http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds/2013/Docs/scoresheet_2013_agl6-int.pdf
There's a breakdown on what you have to do to score between 1-13 and between 13-35. There's no breakdown for in between ranges. L5 and under is 13 marks top, L6 and up is 14 marks and up. Too vague IMHO.

what if each section on a scoresheet had a minimum required amount of eight counts? must at least have a 5 eight count dance. must stunt for at least 7 eight counts.

just an idea i was throwing around in my head.

Doesn't this make it more compulsory then it already is? Seriously I lose interest when judging levels 2 & 3 b/c there is already minimal variety! Especially in stunting. Full squad full baskets, full up to prep, press extension full down. EVERYTHING is the same. To say you have to have at least x amount of 8 counts, it will be so much more the same, we may as well go to compulsory's for day 1, everyone gets the exact same routine and music and it's all based on execution and how many groups perform the skills.

I mean at least once you get to levels 4 and 5, there is a PINCH more variety!

Doesn't this make it more compulsory then it already is? Seriously I lose interest when judging levels 2 & 3 b/c there is already minimal variety! Especially in stunting. Full squad full baskets, full up to prep, press extension full down. EVERYTHING is the same. To say you have to have at least x amount of 8 counts, it will be so much more the same, we may as well go to compulsory's for day 1, everyone gets the exact same routine and music and it's all based on execution and how many groups perform the skills.

I mean at least once you get to levels 4 and 5, there is a PINCH more variety!

You just quoted a thread that's two years old

Back