OT Huge Bullying Problem?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 2, 2011
At school, I'm being bullied really bad by a ton of people. I've never done anything to them, except for try to stand up for myself a few times. Some kid in my gym class always tells me how everyone would be better off if I wasn't there anymore, blah blah blah. These other people in my gym class bully me too, but tonight they took it too far. They posted a picture of spongebob making a nasty face with a thing that says "Your p***y stinks" and now people are joking on me even more. We've gone to the asst. principal so many times over me being bullied, but nothing's changed. What should we do?

Bullying has definitely made it to new extremes. I would talk to a counselor instead. They usually are a lot more help then any sort of administration. And if a counselor takes the problem to the A.P. it would probably make it a bit more urgent. There are all sorts of groups you can talk to about your problems. Plus there are a lot of boarders here such as me ztaprincess and plenty of others who are here to listen and help you. There are always small measures you can do such as make your privacy settings on facebook high. Make it so people cannot search you and message you so that cannot harass you at your house. If your counselor won't listen, go to your favorite teacher. Keep going to some form of an adult until someone listens. Someone will listen but you need to reach out to them because they aren't all knowing on that kind of stuff. You can always act like you're ignoring them with hopes that they'll think that it's not fun anymore because it's not bothering you. As hard as it may be, talking to your parents and getting their help talking to the admins might be needed.

Have your parents help you go to the authorities. Document what the bullys say to you and keep copies of what they post on the internet. Bullying is not joke. Praying things get better for you!!!

You need to make sure your school administrators know and if they do nothing about it have your parents let them know that you will be going to the authorties about it. Bullying is something that I am seeing just keeps getting worse and worse in school all the while the school administrators are doing nothing.

If you need anyone to talk to about it feel free to PM me. Some advice that I can give you is to let what they say go in one ear and right out the other. If you let them know that it is bothering you then they will continue doing what they are doing. Once they realize you are ignoring it they will probably stop. Of course you still need to let the school know what is happening because they will just move onto someone else.

Goodluck hun and don't let what they say tear you down in any way.

People in high school are straight up mean. Those who bully are usually insecure with themselves and deep down jealous of you. You are a good person and even though I have no idea who you are, I'm here for you. PM me if you need anything at all. You will rise above this and prove those haters wrong. Please always keep that in mind.

Definitely print out anything they say to you online and take it to a counselor at school. If it is just people from your gym class try switching your schedule to have gym during a different block. If they say things to you in the halls between classes, listen to your ipod or take a different route to class. If they say these nasty things during class, try to do your activities within earshot of your teacher so they hear it too. Surround yourself with as many people as possible so there are more witnesses to them being mean. And if all else fails go home and jam to some T Swift because that girl knows how to solve problems. As someone who was the quiet/weird/nerdy kid in school, I know it hurts, but please remember there are thousands of strangers in the cheer community who would love to help you (or anyone else) through their problems.

Thank you all so much. Your love and support for me, even though we've never spoken, makes me so happy. I've gone to the asst principal and my guidance counselor, but nothing has been done at all. My favorite teacher is my first block, but that's where the bullying all started to take place before it spread. These girls I used to be bestfriends with harass me, throw things at me, call me names, all behind my teachers back, then blame it on someone else when my teacher sees something out of the corner of her eye. I don't know what to do anymore. My mom's ready to switch me schools.

You've gotten some good advice. If you're in a public school, you need to go above the Asst Principal. Have your parents email the Principal about this situation. In their email they need to tell the P that you have spoken to teachers, the counselor and the AP, and the bullying continues. Have your parents CC the counselor and AP and any teachers....this way they know that you are not letting this go and that they are getting called out on this. If after meeting with the Principal things still don't change....send the same email to the Superintendent, copy all those same people, and outline how still nothing is being done. This way, you're following the "chain of command" and documenting everything (they can't deny that you followed the proper channels, because it's all documented in the emails). If they still don't do anything, go to the police in the town where the school is. Provide them with copies of all of the emails that have been sent back and forth.
If you don't have it documented, in writing, that you did everything possible to get help-they can deny that you went to them.

Good luck. I know it's hard, but it really is true that the people who bully have the lowest self esteem and usually have all sorts of problems (not that that excuses their behavior) Remember that by standing up to them you're helping others too!

I have nothing to add except stay strong kitten, PM me if you need to, and remember that fierceboard is so much cooler than the "other fb". Tumble out your anger, find solace in your cheer sisters and even when you're in tears and your heart is aching, don't ever let them break your spirit. YOU are too important to ever let a bully stop you achieving what you were put on this earth to do. Hugs.

Someday the internet will implode on itself and kids can go back to being safe in their own homes...
Because that is the difference between when I was a kid and now. You went to school, kids made fun of you, you went home and were safe. Now there is no safe place for a child to go, thanks to Facebook and the internet the bullies can now follow them home. My advice would be to pull the plug on your Facebook for awhile, or kick everyone off your friends list you don't know or trust and then lock it down so tight they can't see anything. Eventually they will get frustrated that they can't reach you and move on to their next target. Bullying isn't so much fun when the person your doing it to has no idea what your talking about....
My youngest (8) is bullied a lot at her elementary school, we have gone to the teacher and the principal with no results. Finally my husband told her to knock the CRAP out the kid the next time he does it and we promised her she would not be in trouble with us. If the school won't protect my kid I'm going to make dang sure she protects herself. I know it's not the best answer but that's also how I managed one of my bullies, she wasn't so big and tough after I helped her face meet a locker....

As a teacher who has to deal with this far more than I'd like the one thing I would say is don't give up. Do as MissBee says; follow up the chain of command until something is done about it. Show those bullies that you are far stronger than they are, it's hard to hear but but bullies are only bullies as they have too many insecurities of their own and need to vent their frustrations. Unfortunately they do this in the most horrible of manners. The only other piece of advice, which really doesn't sound much is that it does get better, it really does. It may seem like the world is collapsing in around you, but you do have people who love you and who care for you and who will listen to any amount of ranting/crying/hysteria that you need. Lean on those people, it may only be someone at the end of a computer cable, but we are all here for you. Do you have any close friends at school that can help you out, or are these bullies all your exfriends?

I would go to the principal and if that doesn't help, go to the school board or the police. You have to do something that will stop them because bullying is not okay. I've never been bullied, never seen it occur, but I know how to stop it. I'm sorry that it's happening to you! I would solve the problem, have them get in trouble, and then switch schools if you feel uncomfortable or just want a new start you know?

Someday the internet will implode on itself and kids can go back to being safe in their own homes...
Because that is the difference between when I was a kid and now. You went to school, kids made fun of you, you went home and were safe. Now there is no safe place for a child to go, thanks to Facebook and the internet the bullies can now follow them home. My advice would be to pull the plug on your Facebook for awhile, or kick everyone off your friends list you don't know or trust and then lock it down so tight they can't see anything. Eventually they will get frustrated that they can't reach you and move on to their next target. Bullying isn't so much fun when the person your doing it to has no idea what your talking about....
My youngest (8) is bullied a lot at her elementary school, we have gone to the teacher and the principal with no results. Finally my husband told her to knock the CRAP out the kid the next time he does it and we promised her she would not be in trouble with us. If the school won't protect my kid I'm going to make dang sure she protects herself. I know it's not the best answer but that's also how I managed one of my bullies, she wasn't so big and tough after I helped her face meet a locker....

I like to add that back then parents didnt have the "not my kid" attitude....Parents would parent and never tried to be our friend. Once a friend of mine wrote my name and a curse word, her mom found it (she didnt know I was there and heard it all) Let me tell you after making her show me the note and apologizing, she made sure my friend would never do that to another person. ever.

You have no idea how angry your situation makes me. They are so jealous of you, theyre just trying to bring you down....Do Not give them any power to bring you down, this has nothing to do with you. It's hard, I know it and I'm sorry you have to endure this. Most people have to deal with this as a teen, but nowadays you guys have it so much worse. Come on here anytime you want and vent. We got your back=)

i would take a screen shot of the pic and all the comments.
go to administrators with your parents. PARENTS can get anything done.
and what ever you do dont give the the people bullying you the attention they want.

One thing I would like to start off by saying is I commend you for asking for our advice and help... this is the first step that I see as a positive one. I hear of and see so many cases of bullying that are kept to themselves and those kids are actually dying inside and are afraid to ask for help or have asked for help and have just given up and much too often resort to violence or suicide as an option. I respect you for asking for our advice and help. Second, I would also recommend that you shut down your Facebook so that you cannot be bullied or harassed on Facebook. By shutting down this route of harassment, you eliminate the source of contact that these individuals have to you and they will eventually give up sending you harassing messages and pictures in this way. Please do NOT give up reporting the bullying-it still needs to be dealt with by the administration. Go above their heads and do it now since you are not getting the results that are expected. Save and send everything to everyone:teachers, counselors, principals, and administrators who have failed to help you and continue to go up the chain of command until you find SOMEONE who is willing to stop the bullying, and most importantly don't give up asking for help and relying on your family and friends and fierceboarders who are there to support you; you are important to all of these people. Keep the faith that this will all get better and this will make you a better stronger person.

I'm so sorry all of this is happening to you. Along with what everyone has already said, I'd delete your facebook. That's just a battlfield for mean kids to feel strong. Without the screen, half of the kids won't feel strong enough to say anything. Talk to the authorties, adults, etc- but if it doesn't work, changing schools like your mom wanted wouldn't be the worst thing. Feel free to PM me, I'm here to talk if any of y'all need me.

Back