OT I Just Wanted To Apologize !

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 29, 2014
I apologize to those users who I fussed at and acted extremely unprofessional with on my last post about auditions . I was really feeling attack because I felt like there we're better ways to comment on my spelling and grammar besides being sarcastic about it. I also felt like I was getting disowned /belittled because I was told by one user that "I was only looking at the glitz and glam" of starting a team/gym. That hurt me because that person didn't know what I already had lined up business wise for her to say that . Maybe I took it the wrong way , but at the same time, that's just how I understood it . I really do not mind getting advice , I just don't appreciate when people say things to me in regards of my age , or how little I know something when they don't know me or ever met me in person .
I agree that I do need to work on how I respond and react to things . That does have an impact on how successful my gym will be. So that's why next year , maybe even basketball season if possible , I will start working more with school cheerleading then work my way up.

I hope you guys can give me a second chance and forgive my unprofessional acts. I found that on here , I'm going to have to learn how to deal with the amount of sarcasm on here and possible rude responses . I feel like this will be a good way to PRACTICE professionalism and use those skills and real life situations.

I as well give out good advice when I know and experienced something similar to a post . So I hope you fellow users do not ignore me because of that major mistake . Thank you for your time .

Kindly ,

F_E

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Though I'm not sure exactly what happened or what you're referring to, I think it was very professional and mature of you to write out an apology for the people who were upset about it!

Sometimes things can get heated on here over simple things and all of us at times can be a little too quick to defend ourselves or voice our opinions. I think that that is one of the reasons people are scared to talk on here and post, it can be intimidating with all these people! And let's face it, sometimes people here are not forgiving. We also love our sarcasm and giving people the cow. You learn to grow thick skin fast. It looks like you're not scared away by what happened, so that's good :p just wanted to say though I applaud you for your apology - I always have a lot of respect for people who know when to admit they've done wrong and stand up to apologize. It's amazing how many people cannot do such a simple thing. (We're all human and make mistakes, right? No shame in that.)

I'm sure there are people who will love to hear some of the advice you have to give. I know I'll be looking forward to what you have to say!

I think you made a big step in the right direction and hope, you will soon discover how helpful fierceboard can be, reading through old posts and being active in new topics. Starting with school cheer is sure a great way for building even more experience than you already have with coaching and how teams are run through the season.
Good luck!

I apologize to those users who I fussed at and acted extremely unprofessional with on my last post about auditions . I was really feeling attack because I felt like there we're better ways to comment on my spelling and grammar besides being sarcastic about it. I also felt like I was getting disowned /belittled because I was told by one user that "I was only looking at the glitz and glam" of starting a team/gym. That hurt me because that person didn't know what I already had lined up business wise for her to say that . Maybe I took it the wrong way , but at the same time, that's just how I understood it . I really do not mind getting advice , I just don't appreciate when people say things to me in regards of my age , or how little I know something when they don't know me or ever met me in person .
I agree that I do need to work on how I respond and react to things . That does have an impact on how successful my gym will be. So that's why next year , maybe even basketball season if possible , I will start working more with school cheerleading then work my way up.

I hope you guys can give me a second chance and forgive my unprofessional acts. I found that on here , I'm going to have to learn how to deal with the amount of sarcasm on here and possible rude responses . I feel like this will be a good way to PRACTICE professionalism and use those skills and real life situations.

I as well give out good advice when I know and experienced something similar to a post . So I hope you fellow users do not ignore me because of that major mistake . Thank you for your time .

Kindly ,

F_E

Fierce_Elite, I never felt attacked by you and your passion to succeed in your endeavors is quite evident. I believe that your youth is an advantage, but only if you use it in an appropriate way. I think, as the older person in the conversation, I think we can see some pitfalls in your ideas and most of us are giving advice based on our life experiences. But sometime, as older adults, we must stop and not shield the young person so much from making mistakes. To be honest, I think, that there are learning lessons in making mistakes, so go out do your research to minimize the amount of mistakes you make in your first business endeavor- in this area, your youth is an advantage because you have more time and you have time to pick yourself up and start another business, if things go too wrong first time out.
Another thing, people who list all the successful people in this business such as CSP, etc. really only see and know of the success story, but I bet if you talk to these people, they will tell you about their first business and how it did know go that well and how and what they learn from the mistakes and their eventual successful business. I think, these are the important stories to hear from these people, how they fail and persevere in their endeavors and their eventual success
PS: When you start this business, my advice for you, those times you feel beat up on or do not have an appropriate response to a client, take a break from the conversation and promise that client that you will get back to them with an answer, after composing yourself and putting back on that professional demeanor.

Last edited:
Back