All-Star Idea For How To Score Better

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But that is kinda a catch 22. If you get people judging who have no close relation to a gym then you feel people will be more objective. But let's say I judged your routine against a Rays team. I have practiced and trained a lot of the skills these teams are trying with my athletes, but would you believe I would be completely objective? (I would be, but I am sure many feel I wouldnt be).
I would believe it bc I have seen it. I know most scoring systems don't allow for "cheating" by the judges too so it's NBD to me. You either have the scores or you don't.

45b42d99-0ca2-1afc.jpg

Sorry i was testing something with the new TapATalk. You can now post pictures from your phone via TapATalk.

kingston said:
Sorry i was testing something with the new TapATalk. You can now post pictures from your phone via TapATalk.

Not forum runner? If so I'm switching to tapAtalk.

This took me 13 minutes. My work computer has a not so hot internet connection, so it randomly froze places. And i haven't looked at kingston 's list yet.

11 coed stunts, 3 assisted, 8 unassisted, 3 extension 8 libs
Hands press extension, walk/turn
5 release moves, 6 creative dismount with inversion
11 toe fulls, 4 toe tucks
1 toe touch basket

6 2to fulls, 1 2 to layout
4 3 to fulls, 1 3 to layout, 3 3to double
6 2to double, 1 1to double
7 1to whip double

11 creative inversions with braced tuck dismounts
10 full up, pull bow, 1 straight up pll bow (10 2 man, 1 group stunt)
Lib, scale, scorpion double

6 running to full (my comp kept freezing)
14 Running to double
11 Specialty to double

4 pike baskets

Team pike hurdler toe backs
Double toe

3 kick doubles
6 switch kick doubles

12 Inversions
2 Twisting inversions
1 full up, 1 twisting release move

6 formations in dance with advanced ground and footwork with levels.

This took me 13 minutes. My work computer has a not so hot internet connection, so it randomly froze places. And i haven't looked at kingston 's list yet.

11 coed stunts, 3 assisted, 8 unassisted, 3 extension 8 libs
Hands press extension, walk/turn
5 release moves, 6 creative dismount with inversion
11 toe fulls, 4 toe tucks
1 toe touch basket

6 2to fulls, 1 2 to layout
4 3 to fulls, 1 3 to layout, 3 3to double
6 2to double, 1 1to double
7 1to whip double

11 creative inversions with braced tuck dismounts
10 full up, pull bow, 1 straight up pll bow (10 2 man, 1 group stunt)
Lib, scale, scorpion double

6 running to full (my comp kept freezing)
14 Running to double
11 Specialty to double

4 pike baskets

Team pike hurdler toe backs
Double toe

3 kick doubles
6 switch kick doubles

12 Inversions
2 Twisting inversions
1 full up, 1 twisting release move

6 formations in dance with advanced ground and footwork with levels.

Without having a set format on how to do it I would say you and I are reasonably close in about the same amount of time.

After doing that, I would say it would be pointless to have someone separate doing building vs tumbling. Also, having a video at a different angle would have helped with some things. I also didn't make this full screen or full resolution since i'm at work and don't want it full screen, and the internet is slowish.

Without having a set format on how to do it I would say you and I are reasonably close in about the same amount of time.
It would be easiest if there was a form on a computer with set sections perhaps?

Maybe for the next time we do this, the "coach" could turn in a form that has all of this listed out, and we check the skills and numbers?

Side note: i'd love to do this with the Panther party

Yep I am convinced! Lets make it happen!

In all serioussness, do most competitions already have some kind of video/playback system or would that be an added cost to most EPs?

Would they require this or could EPs choose and hopefully everyone will like it and go to those competitions that have it and hopefully convince the rest of the EPs to switch..i hope that makes sense.

I judge for Spirit Brands and they have video playback for all judges.

Every other event i've worked for has only had video playback for safety.

with the 15 minutes it takes to do an accurate breakdown, are you comfortable with having different difficulty judges within a division? Or would you rather have the same judge for the entire division but they only have 5 minutes with the video?

with the 15 minutes it takes to do an accurate breakdown, are you comfortable with having different difficulty judges within a division? Or would you rather have the same judge for the entire division but they only have 5 minutes with the video?
I can't see different judges making a difference if all they are doing is writing down the skills.
Maybe have one person get all the "skills sheets" and score them after the other judges have broken down the routines into skills.

Back