All-Star Idea: Multi Location Gyms Must Have Different Colors At Each Gym Location

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Just had an easy idea. For multi location gyms each location must have distinctive color set. Everything else can be the same. Thoughts?

While I like the idea in theory (location 1 having a uniform in let's say blue and white, and location 2 having the same uniform in purple and white), I feel like it would just look like two different gyms have the same in-stock uniform but just with different colours.

Kinda the idea.

Not sure I like that idea. I always loved how FCA did the different colour unis for teams but I think I prefer a set program uni!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I love how FCA does that! I think it gives a little personality to each team but makes them like they are all together. I also like how GBE does it (well minus Lime now since they got their team uniforms) with everyone in a (absolutely gorgeous) program uni and everyone has different bows based on their team name.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm not sure I would like that. When we're at a comp and see girls from one of our other gyms, it's like a sisterhood with the girls in the same uni and warmups. They may not know each other, but that doesn't matter, they're "sisters."

Last edited:
I like that our entire cheer family wears the same colors. It helps with unity. However, it is nice to know what gym athletes are from without having to ask. Having the location in writing on the uniform is one option - maybe on the arm or on the back. Our Vegas location does this, and I like it.

I like that our entire cheer family wears the same colors. It helps with unity. However, it is nice to know what gym athletes are from without having to ask. Having the location in writing on the uniform is one option - maybe on the arm or on the back. Our Vegas location does this, and I like it.

Somehow "Ventura" doesn't have the same awesomeness as "Vegas" on the back of a jacket. LOL!

I don't like it.

I feel like a lot of times when people are joining these multi-location big name gyms...they're also buying the brand.

It sounds trivial but I wouldn't want to put my (fictional) child or real life niece at CEA-Random Location and have her wear Purple, Gold and Black. Or send her to Stingray- Random Location and have her wear navy, silver and white.....or Cheer Athletics- Random and have her in magenta, purple and black.....

All-star Legacy based out of Virginia, has two satellite gyms VW and MD and has different uniforms for their MD teams.
BTW sorry for the big pictures.
VA&VW Uniforms
558949_10151777205325267_46523319_n.jpg

MD Uniforms

What would be the reason for this rule? It seems kind of pointless and overreaching. I will retract that statement if someone explains the reasoning behind it.

If you're trying to prevent crossovers between locations, it won't work - parents will just buy more uniforms. If you're trying to distinguish between "gyms" by forcing different color schemes (which, why? Why would a rule-making body have any interest in this?), you're going to run into problems with how the rules are enforced. What constitutes "distinctive"? Is silver different enough from gray? From platinum? (this location is silver/black/white, this one is gray/white/black, this one is black/white/platinum) Can you not have any similar colors? So, once one location uses black or white, the rest are out of luck for those and have to use, I don't know, khaki as a neutral?

I guess I'm just sincerely wondering what the point of this suggestion is, because you must have a reason for suggesting it, @King

I don't like it.

I feel like a lot of times when people are joining these multi-location big name gyms...they're also buying the brand.

It sounds trivial but I wouldn't want to put my (fictional) child or real life niece at CEA-Random Location and have her wear Purple, Gold and Black. Or send her to Stingray- Random Location and have her wear navy, silver and white.....or Cheer Athletics- Random and have her in magenta, purple and black.....

That would be assuming the satellite gyms are as good as the main one. Do you think when a gym puts a new logo on the top that you recognize it is instantly better? Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't.

Back