All-Star Illegal Athletes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've seen it handled in a matter where the EP will move this team to an International-aged division if they find out beforehand

I know in Missouri you can get one for $11 because I had looked into getting one to open a checking account without it being connected to my parents before I got my permit.
If you are a minor and traveling with your parent you do not need to show a government id to fly. At least my daughter has not needed to show any id to board a plane.

Legally you do not have to show ID unless you are 18+ (even then you don't HAVE to have an ID if there are other ways to prove who you are) BUT I would say the majority of the athletes on a senior level 5 team would have a form of ID (most probably have their permit or drivers license). I don't think it would be unfair to require an ID during registration and warm ups.

Just making sure I understand, you want the TSA to come to cheerleading competitions and check ID's like a bouncer at a night club, and then, if the ID is a fake throw them in jail?
(Wish people wouldn't put words in others mouths) But Never said like a bouncer, I said such as the airport does... or if they want to go in the bouncer route the process would be, take ID away from them, (so there goes the routine for that team for trying to cheat bc they won't be able to go back stage or on the floor), then if the law takes it further to the courts there could be a Fine or a Federal offense dropped on them. I would never want someone to go to jail but that would be their choice if they wanted to try and get by professionals.
This was totally a suggestion that would work b/c no coach or gym owner would try to get by with this if they knew for a fact that they would get caught. I am sure you would see a lot of roster changes if this was the case.

I know of three gyms JUST in the area that I LIVE in. Two of them are pretty big in the cheer world and the other is big in the dance world. Cheater,cheater.... :/

That happened to us last year. A team used a 20 yr old that used to cheer on my Worlds team 2 years prior. I had the proof, contacted the USASF and there was NOTHING they could do to that gym. The reason given to me was "They aren't a USASF gym." So yes they cheated and there was nothing they could do to them. My solution that I offered was simple. If gyms compete at any USASF Competition company then they must be a registered USASF gym. Then they could enforce and penalize gyms that cheat.

Which isn't a bad solution, but is hinged on the fact that there would need to be the system in place to track all athletes at each gym AND that compete at each competition. You must get each EP to agree to this as well as each gym. Around half of the EP's right now and at least a good portion of the gyms would never agree to this.

So, we're told to give them proof, they get proof, and still do nothing about it. I don't think its a matter of being a member of anything or not. If you can prove that someone is illegal, they should be disqualified. The USASF and any other EP's that allow this....SUCK IT UP and do what is right instead of wimpering in the corner.

This is a call to all 19-25 year olds....maybe even 30 if you still look like a teen! COME ON BACK to your Sr 5 team!!!! Doesn't matter, no one will have the guts to really do anything about it!

So, we're told to give them proof, they get proof, and still do nothing about it. I don't think its a matter of being a member of anything or not. If you can prove that someone is illegal, they should be disqualified. The USASF and any other EP's that allow this....SUCK IT UP and do what is right instead of wimpering in the corner.

This is a call to all 19-25 year olds....maybe even 30 if you still look like a teen! COME ON BACK to your Sr 5 team!!!! Doesn't matter, no one will have the guts to really do anything about it!

Technically they did something. They investigated it and because the gym that was being investigated was not a USASF member they did "could not" do anything. Sounds to me that they make some rules with just enough loopholes and wiggle room that the offenders who may of been the reason why the rule was written can squirm through on technicalities.

Probably just strip them of their title if there was undeniable proof. The rings themselves would be hard to track down, but would be themselves meaningless anyways if it wasn't a real win.
I think the gym should have to pay for the real winners to get rings.

I remember 3 years ago at nationals one slovenian team got disqualification because they used some 20 years old the team. They were best team. They won everycompetition they went in the season. After disqualificationt their owner sent an e-mail to all owner in the country and the owner of the competition that how sad kids were. and how they worked hard and they got disqualificited. And that they really didn't deserve this...blah blah blah...lame

There really is no way to stop or punish gyms from doing this. There will always be a loop hole. This best thing to do is to out the CHEATERS. What they do should be brought to light. Embarrass the teams to stop. If there is legit proof let the world know. Key is LEGIT PROOF.....

Smaller teams seem to cheat all the time. At least in my area they do. So as a parent you have to research so that you pick a good program. In our area is is usually only 1 or 2 kids, but it happens and usually its on the lower level teams. Mini teams with a small 10 year old. Heck I have seen a 12 year old. So a mini 1 team can win. Junior 2 teams with 15 or 16 year olds. A coach for one team competed one year when a girl got sick. Maybe they are not competing at any nationals so its considered not a big deal?? But as a parent .... how could you prove it? I may anecdotaly know a person (either my child went to school with the persons sibling, or I have a coworker who knows the child) is overage, but I don't have access to their birth certificate to prove it. What kind of "proof" would be required?

Back