OT I'm Putting This In This Section Because I Don't See An All Star Dance Section

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The biggest issue I have with "I'm going to start my own _______" posts is that they should be preceded by "I've been a coach for X years and have been a gym director for X years and now I'm going to branch out on my own" posts.
This is for my cousin who has had years of experience in dance and instructing dance. I asked this for her because she didn't want to make an account just to ask one question.

To everyone else on this thread that got mad because I said I thought the post was very assuming, she didn't mention in her ORIGINAL post anywhere, that she knew the young ladies. So yes I did assume and assume that she was talking bad about their program.

NOT TALKING BAD ABOUT THE GIRLS, but the the program. There's a difference to me.

I did say no offense. In other words, I wasn't trying to be offense and start drama.

It seems as if you guys take my every post to offense and start something. But it's okay. You don't have to agree me. But I'm also not going to continue back and forth with you guys like I did in the past. I have matured a little since then. I'm working on it everyday. Because I realize if I want to be a cheer coach, I'm going to have to deal with different attitudes. So you think what you want about me, comment what you want on my post, but it's not going to hurt me and it's not going to cause me to go back and forth making my self look bad as I did before. Good day/night.

- end of story.

This is for my cousin who has had years of experience in dance and instructing dance. I asked this for her because she didn't want to make an account just to ask one question.

I'm not mad at you, really, I'm not. There have been multiple posts by tons of people about starting a gym or team or whatever.

It's just obvious in so many of the posts that the person really just needs experience.

I'm not mad at you, really, I'm not. There have been multiple posts by tons of people about starting a gym or team or whatever.

It's just obvious in so many of the posts that the person really just needs experience.
That's very true. But however, my cousin has had more experience then you could ever imagine. Including professional experience with a dance company. :)

That's very true. But however, my cousin has had more experience then you could ever imagine. Including professional experience with a dance company. :)

So how do all the dance companies that she's danced for and worked with explain a $30 insurance charge? It's routine, right? Or have they never been insured before?

To everyone else on this thread that got mad because I said I thought the post was very assuming, she didn't mention in her ORIGINAL post anywhere, that she knew the young ladies. So yes I did assume and assume that she was talking bad about their program.

NOT TALKING BAD ABOUT THE GIRLS, but the the program. There's a difference to me.

I did say no offense. In other words, I wasn't trying to be offense and start drama.

It seems as if you guys take my every post to offense and start something. But it's okay. You don't have to agree me. But I'm also not going to continue back and forth with you guys like I did in the past. I have matured a little since then. I'm working on it everyday. Because I realize if I want to be a cheer coach, I'm going to have to deal with different attitudes. So you think what you want about me, comment what you want on my post, but it's not going to hurt me and it's not going to cause me to go back and forth making my self look bad as I did before. Good day/night.

- end of story.
Did I just get "sub-boarded?" :eek:

So how do all the dance companies that she's danced for and worked with explain a $30 insurance charge? It's routine, right? Or have they never been insured before?
What I'm saying is, she's had years of dance experience and she danced for years with a professional company.

She wants to start an all star dance team to help dancers become better dancers in all styles.

Where we live, there aren't many dance teams inside of schools and schools aren't willing to add the extra money. So starting up an all star team is the only option she has. However USASF is only helping out for possible injuries or accidents if you studio had insurance through them and if the students are registered through the ID USASF. After all, she is. Wanting to be affiliated with USASF all star competitions. So she wants safety to be take. Seriously and In order to prove to the parents that she cares about safety, she needs to be insured through USASF. But she doesn't want the parents to think it's just another money maker for her.

Because USASF dance doesn't require certification, she feels that she really has to stress insurance policy and safety. But some parents are skeptical about spending extra money. But this is defiantly worth it and she doesn't know how to completely stress it to the parents without sounding like she just wants money and so forth.

I hate to be a stickler for details, but I am totally thrown off by this whole thread are we talking about a new All-Star Dance gym or an All-Star Cheerleading gym?...:confused: I feel a good catfight is brewing up, but it just feel like we need to establish what we are all fighting over... Really! I hate to waste my time, especially now that I've gone back to work... I'm on a clock, now--Tick, Tock!

What I'm saying is, she's had years of dance experience and she danced for years with a professional company.

She wants to start an all star dance team to help dancers become better dancers in all styles.

Where we live, there aren't many dance teams inside of schools and schools aren't willing to add the extra money. So starting up an all star team is the only option she has. However USASF is only helping out for possible injuries or accidents if you studio had insurance through them and if the students are registered through the ID USASF. After all, she is. Wanting to be affiliated with USASF all star competitions. So she wants safety to be take. Seriously and In order to prove to the parents that she cares about safety, she needs to be insured through USASF. But she doesn't want the parents to think it's just another money maker for her.

Because USASF dance doesn't require certification, she feels that she really has to stress insurance policy and safety. But some parents are skeptical about spending extra money. But this is defiantly worth it and she doesn't know how to completely stress it to the parents without sounding like she just wants money and so forth.
A regular dance studio is also an option of she wants to help all styles of dancers. Typical dance associated with All Stars is hip-hop and Pom with very little deviation to my knowledge.

Does your sister have any business background that could help her run and manage a new business?

I hate to be a stickler for details, but I am totally thrown off by this whole thread are we talking about a new All-Star Dance gym or an All-Star Cheerleading gym?...:confused: I feel a good catfight is brewing up, but it just feel like we need to establish what we are all fighting over... Really! I hate to waste my time, especially now that I've gone back to work... I'm on a clock, now--Tick, Tock!
It's all star dance.

Back