OT I'm Putting This In This Section Because I Don't See An All Star Dance Section

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Hate to be a stickler for detail and I love a good catfight, but why are we talking about All Star Dance in an Allstar Cheerleading thread-- Why not place this topic in Everything Else- Random...;)

All star dance is a thing?? Who knew.....
only as far as a cheer gym fielding a team or two but when it comes to the Dance Worlds there are an awful lot of non cheer gym related programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUO TE="quitthedrama, post: 929402, member: 2388"]All star dance is a thing?? Who knew.....
only as far as a cheer gym fielding a team or two but when it comes to the Dance Worlds there are an awful lot of non cheer gym related programs.[/QUOTE]

i know there are lots of teams that compete at worlds without an obvious cheer gym affiliation, but are they from studios whose sole purpose is to compete at USASF worlds, or are they a team/troupe within a larger dance studio? genuinely curious.

Have you guys heard of energizers dance team? They're a USASF dance team and only for USASF and they have no gym affiliation from my experience.

I also spoke with an regional director, she said there are plenty of studios that compete that are not gym related. Would like to talk to her about that? Cause I checked, an USASF dance employee was a reputable source to ask questions like this.

You guys think the world should revolve around cheer and it isn't. Don't say you don't, cause many of you shimmied and or directly said, USASF should get rid of dance all together and focus on cheer.

only as far as a cheer gym fielding a team or two but when it comes to the Dance Worlds there are an awful lot of non cheer gym related programs.

i know there are lots of teams that compete at worlds without an obvious cheer gym affiliation, but are they from studios whose sole purpose is to compete at USASF worlds, or are they a team/troupe within a larger dance studio? genuinely curious.[/QUOTE]
I do not know if they are created just for the usasf dance worlds. Just know most if them have no cheer gym affiliation and from my nieces experiences seems her dance companies were more into NDA and not worlds.

like this.

You guys think the world should revolve around cheer and it isn't. Don't say you don't, cause many of you shimmied and or directly said, USASF should get rid of dance all together and focus on cheer.

The world and the usasf are not actually interchangeable. Yes, we think the USASF should revolve around cheer. No, we don't think the WORLD should (OK, well some people probably do, but that's not why the usasf shouldn't be involved in dance.)

Cheer and dance are not the same thing - so why would they have the same governing body?

The world and the usasf are not actually interchangeable. Yes, we think the USASF should revolve around cheer. No, we don't think the WORLD should (OK, well some people probably do, but that's not why the usasf shouldn't be involved in dance.)

Cheer and dance are not the same thing - so why would they have the same governing body?
I get what you're saying. But however, USASF dance is a separate division from USASF Cheer.

If it wasn't, they wouldn't have separate rules, separate age division, separate competitions (for the most part) and so forth. I get what you're saying. I really do. But I highly doubt that USASF intention is to compare dance and cheer. That's why they have different representatives for sport. I can go on for ever about it.

Cheer and dance are not the same thing - so why would they have the same governing body?[/QUOTE
My thoughts exactly! USASF can barely handle cheer, not sure why they're trying to do both

Again, I get what you're saying, I really do. However, no company, federation or anything of that matter is perfect. They're going to flaws. But that doesn't mean that they should just cut off one sport over another. It isn't fair to the people who can't do school activities because they didn't make cuts at tryouts, or go to a dance studio to get proper training because they can't afford it but they can afford all star dance. Dance studios in my area, especially the high class ones, that train you for a professional career, is so expensive. In this area, Parents are more willing to have their child on a independent dance team to get dance training and do competitions, then have them at a studio because its so expensive.

My thoughts exactly! USASF can barely handle cheer, not sure why they're trying to do both
They're doing both because they know people from both divisions wants to do it competitively. Just like school cheer, some people don't make their school dance teams. So its just giving dancers, another option to have just like All star cheer. Every company/federations, has flaws. But they have enough behind them, to help them problems. Just focusing on All star cheer, isn't going to make USASF no long mistakes, or a difficult time staying organized and such.

Back