Injury Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yikes, I would not let my uniform go into anybody else's hands. My uniform cost $400 and there is no way I'm letting anyone hold on or use it. Who knows if someone was to switch a uniform size or condition. I know I may seem mean, but I would not let anyone borrow it out of fear that it may get ruin (even my old one I was like this). Sorry, I just have trust issues with people in general.

Something else is going on. Either the injury is worse than you think or there is a dispute going in with the gym.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I have to agree with dawgshow, there got to be more to this story... It is hard for me to believe that a small injury will amount to a retrieve uniform and a little girl being pushed aside, crying and not understanding why a replacement is learning her part... This situation does not sound right and maybe the coaches and the mom should sit down and explain and a resolution can happen... Maybe the coaches should talk to the mom, and the mom with the coaches can explain to the child that a replacement is needed, and stress that the injured athlete is not being replaced and encourage her to concentrate on recuperating... To be honest, I don't think the injured athlete's mom is telling you the full story and I am thinking that the injured athlete's doctor probably told them to rest the shoulder for a lengthy time...
To be honest, I know quite a few athletes who are injured and received ortho treatments, most must go for treatments for 6 or more weeks... in essence, not a short time period,,, what I am presuming you are telling us...JMHO

Yikes, I would not let my uniform go into anybody else's hands. My uniform cost $400 and there is no way I'm letting anyone hold on or use it. Who knows if someone was to switch a uniform size or condition. I know I may seem mean, but I would not let anyone borrow it out of fear that it may get ruin (even my old one I was like this). Sorry, I just have trust issues with people in general.

Jumping off point, not replying to you specifically peanut. LOL

I have owned many uniforms over the year's. I've had to borrow and I'm always happy to lend if need be but those request's happen parent to parent. My little was doing our Charlotte Jr team 1 weekend.....Courtney Pope didn't ask 12step to turn her uniform in for Little to use, I sent a text to her and said "Hey, Would you mind if Little borrowed your black uniform please?" She said "Sure, that's no problem." She got it to Little, Little used it and got it back to 12step and that's all there was to it. Vice Versa I've gotten text's that said "Hey.......My kid's team is wearing the old level 5 uniform and her's is too small......Can you see if you have a (Insert random size here) in your closet we might borrow?" I've loaned uniform pieces for whole season's before and got them back at the end. Again, this doesn't come from the coach or owner of our gym. If owner text me and said "Hey, can you bring uniform to the gym the next practice in a zip lock bag?" honestly, that would set off all kinds of red flag's for me. I wish I had other advice @Newmom !!!

no uni's should be handed over if you payed for them. and she shouldn't be taken out of the routine if she can perform the rest!

pittsburgh poison is comin through your area, causin mass hysteria!

no uni's should be handed over if you payed for them. and she shouldn't be taken out of the routine if she can perform the rest!

Even if it means the pyramid can't go up? Not arguing to be defensive but at the end of the comp what is better, one less tumbler or an incomplete pyramid?

Cheer Dad = broke dad

Even if it means the pyramid can't go up? Not arguing to be defensive but at the end of the comp what is better, one less tumbler or an incomplete pyramid?

Cheer Dad = broke dad
they could definitely get a replacement, and have them nugget or do how much of the routine they want, but if the injured athlete can jump and dance she should be able to. she's only seven!! i would have a different opinion if this was a senior 5 team or something.

Jumping off point, not replying to you specifically peanut. LOL

I have owned many uniforms over the year's. I've had to borrow and I'm always happy to lend if need be but those request's happen parent to parent. My little was doing our Charlotte Jr team 1 weekend.....Courtney Pope didn't ask 12step to turn her uniform in for Little to use, I sent a text to her and said "Hey, Would you mind if Little borrowed your black uniform please?" She said "Sure, that's no problem." She got it to Little, Little used it and got it back to 12step and that's all there was to it. Vice Versa I've gotten text's that said "Hey.......My kid's team is wearing the old level 5 uniform and her's is too small......Can you see if you have a (Insert random size here) in your closet we might borrow?" I've loaned uniform pieces for whole season's before and got them back at the end. Again, this doesn't come from the coach or owner of our gym. If owner text me and said "Hey, can you bring uniform to the gym the next practice in a zip lock bag?" honestly, that would set off all kinds of red flag's for me. I wish I had other advice @Newmom !!!
To continue the point (A) Ms. Teal's little looked fabulous in the black uniform but I digress...

(B) CEA Charlotte had a sudden influx of mini kids - like 10 at one time - and put together, just a few weeks ago, a Mini 2 team that now has like 16 kids on it. Obviously starting a brand new team in the middle of the season, no one had uniforms. So they put out a request to anyone in the CEA program that had the old level 5 uniform in youth size that these parents could rent and if they were willing to do that, the parent got the rental money and please bring it in a ziploc bag and they'd get it back at the end of this new team's season.

Bottom line is that these are your uniforms if you paid for them and the gym has no right to them.

they could definitely get a replacement, and have them nugget or do how much of the routine they want, but if the injured athlete can jump and dance she should be able to. she's only seven!! i would have a different opinion if this was a senior 5 team or something.

I guess I'm making the assumption the team is maxed out on numbers.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

So your team is small. That means you can have up to 20 member's and not have to change your division. So, why can't injured girl stay on the team........have someone added that can do the part's her injury won't allow and everyone is happy. That would still only be 19 on the team. You'd still be small.

Maybe our coach doesn't know this rule. But I think the issue is that there isnt a uniform for the replacement. We were told they couldn't be reordered because black material would not match ???

Out of curiosity, how many teams at this age level or below does your ft have? Kind of wondering where any replacement would come from.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

Back