College International Cheerleaders Interested In American Colleges And Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 10, 2015
Hi All, I'm just posting looking for some general information about College Cheer in America. I'm wanting to pursue my education in the US and would love the opportunity to cheer at the same time. The college system there is very different to ours though and I was wondering if many people are involved with college cheer once they have completed their four years bachelors degree and go on to do a Masters or other post-grad? Or is that not a thing?

Hi All, I'm just posting looking for some general information about College Cheer in America. I'm wanting to pursue my education in the US and would love the opportunity to cheer at the same time. The college system there is very different to ours though and I was wondering if many people are involved with college cheer once they have completed their four years bachelors degree and go on to do a Masters or other post-grad? Or is that not a thing?
Plenty of people cheer at the top universities while they pursue advanced degrees. In fact, some people pursue more degrees just to keep cheering...but that's another story for another day. Each university typically has their own rules. Some won't let graduate students cheer, but others encourage it. I would determine where you'd like to go to school, then reach out to the coach or spirit coordinator and inquire about cheering through grad school.

The University of Kentucky had a cheerleader from Slovenia (Matej) on the blue squad and he was really good. They also an a cheerleader from Costa Rica who was on the white squad as well.

This is such good news! I was worried I'd be too old haha first step is to get accepted into my degree.

Last year at Lindenwood University on the Large Coed team there was a student from France! He won NCA DII Coed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have grad students currently cheering at Florida International University in Miami, FL. The amount of credit hours and appearances they have to adhere to is slightly lower than under grads b/c of the demands of their particular programs.

Back