All-Star Is This For Real?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Everyone saying they would pull their kid from the gym... Really? Would you really if this happened at your gym today? In the middle of the season?

I'd have to see how the gym reacted, but given that this is the third offense, I would have left after the second regardless. At some point, you just have to burn the house down and start from scratch and it seems like this program needs a good fire.

I know for a fact there was a mass exodus in the works when this happened at ICC before ICE bought them out. Families were meeting to figure out where to take the kids to keep them together. So, yeah, people would do it.

As a coach, I would probably leave my own program quickly if something like this happened. I'm sure the gym had no idea and I absolutely believe they took action ASAP but people's perception means a lot in this industry. I wouldn't want to be associated with this as a professional.

I don't want to say something "similar" happened here in Canada because it was, as far as my understanding goes, a lot less severe, but I don't think I've heard of anyone viewing the program any more negatively because of one bad apple. I think it's just a matter of a bad person making their way in and without anyone realizing, doing bad things. I don't think, as a whole, a business should be judged or punished for that. Unless they had knowledge of it, then maybe they should.

I don't want to say something "similar" happened here in Canada because it was, as far as my understanding goes, a lot less severe, but I don't think I've heard of anyone viewing the program any more negatively because of one bad apple. I think it's just a matter of a bad person making their way in and without anyone realizing, doing bad things. I don't think, as a whole, a business should be judged or punished for that. Unless they had knowledge of it, then maybe they should.

if whatever happened in canada happened an additional not one but two times, no one would raise an eyebrow? maybe it is just bad luck and really weird coincidence... or maybe some sleaze within the gym hires their sleazy friends and the cycle continues. One incident happening with the employee immediately removed from the program and a parent meeting to have all information out in the open I could forgive and stay with the gym. more than once? too weird, I'd be long gone.

if whatever happened in canada happened an additional not one but two times, no one would raise an eyebrow? maybe it is just bad luck and really weird coincidence... or maybe some sleaze within the gym hires their sleazy friends and the cycle continues. One incident happening with the employee immediately removed from the program and a parent meeting to have all information out in the open I could forgive and stay with the gym. more than once? too weird, I'd be long gone.

It does make sense, thinking about it now, with their past, I just mean as an isolated incident I don't think it would necessarily shine such a negative light on the gym as a whole.

I really don't care if its a tumbling coach, cheer coach or janitor in the building... its all bad. If I was at the gym, I don't know if I would leave because it seems like the owners did everything right by checking references, background checks and talking to their former employer. I'm sure they didn't go out to hire a pedophile but that this person obviously hid their disgusting behavior very very well. That being said, I think the gym needs to hold a parents meeting about how they are handling this situation and that each and every athlete should be questioned to make sure none of them were touched inappropriately by this sorry excuse for a man. I feel terrible for the kids at ICE because now this unfortunate event has put a cloud over their season.
@King check the negative rating on this comment and you will see who we are talking about. (sorry if someone has already drawn your attention to this)

Yes. It was posted within the last couple of weeks. It is a good start. Hopefully further requirements versus suggestions will be put in place very soon.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

What? When? Where?

Back