All-Star Jam Brands Has Merged With Varsity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can't see Varsity getting rid of US Finals even if they own it now. Wasn't there like 1000+ teams that competed at US Finals last year? I think it attracts a different market than those going to the Summit, so I don't see them getting rid of something that is going to make them a decent penny. Same with their local/regional comps, I imagine they will probably merge a few events that were originally competing against each other when they were opposing brands, but perhaps it will make those local/regional comps bigger and more competitive, which is what the industry should really get back to.
I agree; I just wish that it weren't being done by Varsity, or anyone who has too much of a hand in everything.

The sad thing is that if an alternative to Varsity were to rise, they would quickly be crushed due to a lack of customer support.

Or they would lock up the good venues in a city on the same day as the IEP, or they would put an event in the city on the same day knowing those chasing rebates and bids will drop the IEP in an qucik 8 count to get a chance a bid or money. People with loud voices against them are bought out or they entice them to buy in.

Been there. Done that. It happens more than you want to think. This is no longer your grandma's cheerleading. It is a business model bent on getting in the Olympics, which means a whole bunch more adjustments have to be made to make that happen. That is where it is going but it won't be the flash and bling like you have become accustomed to. Quietly, behind the scenes those things are already being done.

Make sure that your gym business has a plan to stay solvent regardless of what changes may come down the pipe.

I've taken a stand against varsity. Uniforms wise my team use Milano which is the UK equivalent to GK and I am so far up Nfinity's butt you will never see me wearing a varsity product for as long as I cheer (which is about 6 more months). But I will rebel!
Yes! And that last bit strikes me as punny, LOL.

Speaking of which, I remember reading somewhere that the owner of Rebel received a lot of threatening phone calls when she was first starting out... anyone care to guess who reportedly made them?

Yes! And that last bit strikes me as punny, LOL.

Speaking of which, I remember reading somewhere that the owner of Rebel received a lot of threatening phone calls when she was first starting out... anyone care to guess who reportedly made them?

I honestly don't know and as much as slate them for some of the most horrendous cheer uniforms ever, I'd rather have a company that stuck it to the man than sold out. Keep making those questionable uniforms rebel, keep us away from the varsity machine.

*debt is catching and if we go broke, then varsity goes broke with us*

Not all all. Just wondering what took them so long to announce it and why so many smart and creative people couldn't see it coming.

Well like most things, if you keep your ear to the ground - you will hear lots.. it's not really anyones place to make an assertion without actual hard facts though.

Well like most things, if you keep your ear to the ground - you will hear lots.. it's not really anyones place to make an assertion without actual hard facts though.
I never thought I'd see you on here LOL. How long has it been? I've only seen your posts on old threads.

Well this is news to me too.

Any time I read a thread with Varsity in the title, every post seems to feel like a personal attack. I'm not even in a corporate position. I'm actually the furthest thing from it. I work summer camps and the occasional competition. I love my job. We aren't bad people. I've met some of my best friends and the people that will be my bridesmaids through this job. Everyone is so quick to put down Varsity, but we are NOT bad people.

Any time I read a thread with Varsity in the title, every post seems to feel like a personal attack. I'm not even in a corporate position. I'm actually the furthest thing from it. I work summer camps and the occasional competition. I love my job. We aren't bad people. I've met some of my best friends and the people that will be my bridesmaids through this job. Everyone is so quick to put down Varsity, but we are NOT bad people.
No one is saying that it's everyone. But just because we can trust certain people, doesn't mean we can trust everyone.

I feel you ... I judge for Varsity occasionally, and for the most part as an contract employee with them they've been very professional. I'm never shorted, always paid on time, payment is always fair, flights are always booked early enough in advance and always accept last minute accommodations if needed, they provide a good amount for stipend, hotels are usually nice, and close to the convention centers, staff is always friendly and knowledgeable.

Varsity puts out a good product, albeit an expensive one, so I have no issues with their quality. Taking over competitions means they can set the price of their competitions to as much as the market will bear. It means they can heavily influence rule making committees (coughcough). Varsity already owns several gyms - think about that. Varsity gyms wearing Varsity uniforms and shoes and bows competing at Varsity events governed by VarsityUSASF. Will there come a day when you will have little choice about who owns the gym you will compete for?
As @mstealtoyou said, I am fortunate that I only have a few years left and I will no longer have to worry about what Varsity does, but if I were a gym owner or anyone else who has a career in this industry, I'd be very concerned. Kudos to those who have already implemented additional revenue options.

No one thinks Varsity employees are bad people. But Varsity is a corporation, and it's in their best interest to get as much control of the industry as possible. It's simple business.

I don't have an issue with Comcast employees either - and for the most part I like their product. But when there's no competition they can get away with raising prices and doing whatever they want because customers can't go anywhere else. Monopolies are not a good things.

Back