All-Star Jam Brands Has Merged With Varsity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Varsity puts out a good product, albeit an expensive one, so I have no issues with their quality. Taking over competitions means they can set the price of their competitions to as much as the market will bear. It means they can heavily influence rule making committees (coughcough). Varsity already owns several gyms - think about that. Varsity gyms wearing Varsity uniforms and shoes and bows competing at Varsity events governed by VarsityUSASF. Will there come a day when you will have little choice about who owns the gym you will compete for?
As @mstealtoyou said, I am fortunate that I only have a few years left and I will no longer have to worry about what Varsity does, but if I were a gym owner or anyone else who has a career in this industry, I'd be very concerned. Kudos to those who have already implemented additional revenue options.
I feel like a lot of people seem to think that that debt payoff in 2013 actually meant something. If the same people are holding the same seats, then what difference does it make?

The last one we went to (trying to recall where) was $20 pp cash for a one day admission. Maybe Jam Live?
Jam Live does charge admission.... I don't think we've ever had to pay admission for GLCC or JamBash events

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised they haven't bought out Nfinity yet. Then my cp could be all Varsity, bow to toe. Shocking that they don't have officially sanctioned Varsity make-up, underwear, and no-show socks yet (or maybe they do, who knows?) I can foresee the Varsity Secret Police (the same ones that patrol the lobbies of non-STP hotels looking for girls in bows & bling) checking each athlete in warm-ups to make sure they are wearing Varsity brand hair clips and rubber bands.
They have socks, bras, and spanx; so, close enough to everything.

Well this is news to me too.

Any time I read a thread with Varsity in the title, every post seems to feel like a personal attack. I'm not even in a corporate position. I'm actually the furthest thing from it. I work summer camps and the occasional competition. I love my job. We aren't bad people. I've met some of my best friends and the people that will be my bridesmaids through this job. Everyone is so quick to put down Varsity, but we are NOT bad people.

I think every staff (Varsity) staff member on this board will agree with you wholeheartedly, I know I do. NCA staff is, without a doubt, one of the best things the ever happen to me and I'm proud to wear those letters. I try to avoid posting in these threads because there is nothing but hate feelings from everyone. The program I coach with uses Varsity products exclusively but we go to 90% Jam Brands competitions because Varsity is not as prevalent in the Midwest. I'm actually hoping this merger brings more Varsity competitions to our area as we would like to try to obtain summit bids without forcing our parents to travel all over God's great nation. So that, for one, is something I am excited about, but I can understand and sympathize with the concerns of others because nobody knows exactly how this is truly going to play out.

Well like most things, if you keep your ear to the ground - you will hear lots.. it's not really anyones place to make an assertion without actual hard facts though.

Agree on both parts. But a lot of smart people "in the loop" seem to be blindsided by this one. Or else they are acting a heck of a good story line. :)

I am surprised they haven't bought out Nfinity yet. Then my cp could be all Varsity, bow to toe. Shocking that they don't have officially sanctioned Varsity make-up, underwear, and no-show socks yet (or maybe they do, who knows?) I can foresee the Varsity Secret Police (the same ones that patrol the lobbies of non-STP hotels looking for girls in bows & bling) checking each athlete in warm-ups to make sure they are wearing Varsity brand hair clips and rubber bands.

3-Pack Anklet Socks | Varsity Shop - Cheerleading Shoes & Uniforms socks (you can also find hi tech socks and breast cancer socks if you prefer)

And while I cannot currently offer you makeup.. Can I interest you in a varsity fundraiser in which you sell lip gloss to raise money for your makeup? Softlips Fundraiser - 12 Carriers | Varsity Shop - Cheerleading Shoes & Uniforms

And there don't appear to be any undies, but can I interest you in this super supportive varsity bra? TotalStretch Convertible Bra | Varsity Shop - Cheerleading Shoes & Uniforms

1 1/2 or 2 years and I'll be waving "See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!"

Bless the hearts off all the parents who still have young kids on this board. You're going to need second and third jobs to stay in allstar cheer. My grandkids? They'll probably make awesome LAX and volleyball players huh?

Its really sad. My CP is only 10 and fear we are getting priced out quickly. I already picked up a second job to help with the increasing cost of the sport my CP loves.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo glad it doesn't affect me (yet). I don't believe Varsity has set foot in Quebec.

I don't know who said it, but the unified scoring was a clue to me too. So, I'm not really surprised.

I think this may be a wait and see type of thing. Both will be continuing their current operations, as is, for this season. So, we aren't going to know anything for awhile. There are potential upsides to this. Areas that had little to no events from either Jammy or Varsity may now get some. That, potentially, will help gyms stay local, and not have to travel so far for US Finals/Summit bids etc. This also opens the door for some IEPs to expand into areas they haven't been before, and potentially grow their competitions. The opportunity is there for them.

Are there potential downsides, absolutely. Where I am, there aren't a whole lot of IEPs, even if we wanted to go to them. We no longer do Jammy, so it currently isn't impacting us, but that could change. There's going to be less options around here for sure, which isn't a good thing.

I miss the days when every EP was it's own entity, and they fought to make their events different in order to attract customers. Now, if you've been to one competition, you've been to them all. The only thing I get excited about now is going to a new city. That's the part I find the most depressing.

I think this may be a wait and see type of thing. Both will be continuing their current operations, as is, for this season. So, we aren't going to know anything for awhile. There are potential upsides to this. Areas that had little to no events from either Jammy or Varsity may now get some. That, potentially, will help gyms stay local, and not have to travel so far for US Finals/Summit bids etc. This also opens the door for some IEPs to expand into areas they haven't been before, and potentially grow their competitions. The opportunity is there for them.

Are there potential downsides, absolutely. Where I am, there aren't a whole lot of IEPs, even if we wanted to go to them. We no longer do Jammy, so it currently isn't impacting us, but that could change. There's going to be less options around here for sure, which isn't a good thing.

I miss the days when every EP was it's own entity, and they fought to make their events different in order to attract customers. Now, if you've been to one competition, you've been to them all. The only thing I get excited about now is going to a new city. That's the part I find the most depressing.
I get excited to see you. Counting down.

I get excited to see you. Counting down.

Hah...You don't count as part of the competition experience ;) You are part of the pre and post competition shenanigans :p

Back