All-Star Jamfest And Usasf Split?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it happens, and either Jamfest falls on it's face or they come up with a alternative product that competes with what USASF is evolving into as we type. Who knows, but choice and competition is usually good for everyone.

I think it happens, and either Jamfest falls on it's face or they come up with a alternative product that competes with what USASF is evolving into as we type. Who knows, but choice and competition is usually good for everyone.

I will agree with that. If only the strong survive then we will end up with the best product.

I'm all for free speech and calling it like you see it. But, unlike virtually everyone else, the people that own and run Varsity have put everything they have at risk in a company dedicated to cheer. Like it or not it is capitalism, it is risk, it is guts and they have made it work. And I can tell you, that is not easy. These people love cheer so much they have made it their lives and staked what they have on making it work. And yes, call them out, criticize, but they deserve our respect.

Respect is earned. Perhaps capitalism and back door antics float your boat but it has taken the wind out of the sails of many.

I think they would be cutting off their legs to spite their feet personally. I know our gym would probably NEVER travel that far if there were no worlds bids being offered. As long as worlds is the end all be all, that's what teams are chasing. I'm sure they would still have attendance from gyms within driving distance, but I'm sure their attendance would drop dramatically. I could totally be wrong though. It's just my opinion. :)

I don't think not offering Worlds bids would have that much of an impact. This year Super Nationals had 422 team. 87 of them were Level 5 and 1 was Level 6. Taking those out, the 334 remaining teams are still the largest event this season and probably would be the 3rd largest regular season event of the year behind Cheersport and NCA, or possible 4th also falling behind Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach. In additional Worlds bids are only offered at 1 of their 80+ events.

Varsity and USASF are not above criticism by any means. However, USASF is not owned by Varsity - Varsity does not control USASF.

The USASF Board of Directors is comprised of 13 people, 2 USASF Representatives, 1 NACCC Representative, 3 Coach Representative, 1 Cheersport Rep, 1 JAM Brands Rep, and 1 rep from each of the following Varsity Brands (ACA, NCA, UCA, UDA, and USA). I think Varsity being guaranteed 5 of 13 seats on the Board is one of the reasons people say Varsity controls or has significant influence over the USASF.

I don't think not offering Worlds bids would have that much of an impact. This year Super Nationals had 422 team. 87 of them were Level 5 and 1 was Level 6. Taking those out, the 334 remaining teams are still the largest event this season and probably would be the 3rd largest regular season event of the year behind Cheersport and NCA, or possible 4th also falling behind Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach. In additional Worlds bids are only offered at 1 of their 80+ events.

I did say that I thought gyms within driving distance would still attend. But I highly doubt you would see Top Gun, World Cup, Maryland Twisters, CEA, etc. etc. all there with ANY of their teams if they weren't offering worlds bids. I'm not saying not being a part of Varsity would affect their entire business. 87 teams might have been worlds teams, but how many of the other 350 teams were from the same gym as those worlds bid teams? Which in all likelihood would also not attend if their level 5 teams didn't.

Respect is earned. Perhaps capitalism and back door antics float your boat but it has taken the wind out of the sails of many.

I suspect your details and explaination would be interesting. Capitalism can lead to all types of mistakes and failure. However, to my way of thinking, it leads to the best products and service in any industry.

I did say that I thought gyms within driving distance would still attend. But I highly doubt you would see Top Gun, World Cup, Maryland Twisters, CEA, etc. etc. all there with ANY of their teams if they weren't offering worlds bids. I'm not saying not being a part of Varsity would affect their entire business. 87 teams might have been worlds teams, but how many of the other 350 teams were from the same gym as those worlds bid teams? Which in all likelihood would also not attend if their level 5 teams didn't.

If I were JamBrands, I would be less concerned with the high profile gyms that are probably quite comfortable with their present position and business model and try to appeal to the 95% others that want a vehicle to get their place in the sun. And, I would have a long retreat with CheerSport.

The USASF Board of Directors is comprised of 13 people, 2 USASF Representatives, 1 NACCC Representative, 3 Coach Representative, 1 Cheersport Rep, 1 JAM Brands Rep, and 1 rep from each of the following Varsity Brands (ACA, NCA, UCA, UDA, and USA). I think Varsity being guaranteed 5 of 13 seats on the Board is one of the reasons people say Varsity controls or has significant influence over the USASF.

I does not seem fair that JAM only gets 1 rep...why aren't their smaller companies repesented the same way Varsity's are?...shouldn't Coastal Corp have a rep? and GLCC and Americas Best, COA. While I am not a huge fan of JamBrands, (Varsity does offer a superior product, IMO), it just seems like a unfair balance.

I am fairly aware of the composition of the USASF Board. Having 5 out of 13 votes is NOT a controlling interest. Does Varsity have "significant influence"? Certainly. I would like to think every representative on the board has "significant influence". However, that is not the same as "owns" or "controls" which were the words being thrown about.

Again, I'm not saying that there aren't legitimate criticisms of all of the companies mentioned - or myself for that matter. However, I would discourage people from stating things that are factually inaccurate.

I am fairly aware of the composition of the USASF Board. Having 5 out of 13 votes is NOT a controlling interest. Does Varsity have "significant influence"? Certainly. I would like to think every representative on the board has "significant influence". However, that is not the same as "owns" or "controls" which were the words being thrown about.

Again, I'm not saying that there aren't legitimate criticisms of all of the companies mentioned - or myself for that matter. However, I would discourage people from stating things that are factually inaccurate.

I agree there are legitimate concerns that need to be addressed and people are saying things that are factually inaccurate. I also think it would be best for the industry for Jammy to continue to work with Varsity, Cheersport and the IEP.

That being said, I just can't stop myself from asking how long would I wholeheartedly support a governing body in which my largest competitor has 5 times the influence I do. And from that perspective it would make perfect sense for JAM Brands and many other industry members to have the rumored discussions.

I think I'd be as concerned, if not more so, with the undue influence event producers have on the USASF board in general. If the USASF is going to be the governing body for cheer, then coaches and gym owners need a significantly bigger seat at the table.

I think I'd be as concerned, if not more so, with the undue influence event producers have on the USASF board in general. If the USASF is going to be the governing body for cheer, then coaches and gym owners need a significantly bigger seat at the table.

I thought USA Cheer was the governing body for "all things cheer" (including allstar)...are they one in the same?

while you do have a point, some but not all gyms do base their out of state/national competition on companies that are offering bids to worlds... Why pay all that money to go far away when there is no real motivation for your gym to go? Yes not all teams are about level 5 and going to worlds but a lot of them are. I know at my gym we (our level 5 team) picks our extra competition based on what companies are offering bids to worlds. This year we happened to choose Jamfest they would not even be on our list of competitions if they were not offering bids....

Is $15 worth making your sport better?

I wish every cheer-person could read this! I would love to see it hang at competitions or on a USASF ad! SharkDad is right! This is all it boils down to. To everyone who complains about the direction of our sport, or USASF in general...are you a member? Athlete? Gym/Coach? Individual? Step up, sign up and let your voice count!

Back