Jumps To Tuck

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

....always do her jumps to back, even when she doesnt have to and is just marking the routine. It will help her build up her stamina.
This is completely true. She might feel awkward being the only one doing it. But it absolutely pays off! I do mine every single time when we mark the routine, and now it is honestly my favorite part, because I feel like I own the skill now =)
Im like you in the sense that I always go full out no matter what. I rather be tired at practice than be worried on the floor.
ABSOLUTELY to all the above!!!
My cp has had her jump to backs for a few years now, but I think it was early last year that the routine was switched around and she was exhausted by the time jumps to backs came. She threw them at practice every time, (full out or just marking), faceplanted ocassionally for about a week or two, then they started hitting solid again when running the routine. Struggle, faceplant, touchdown and worry at practice, not on the competition mat. Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong.

"Don't practice till you get it right, practice till you can't get it wrong"

I literally have multiple books full of these types of sayings and I've never heard that one, I very much like it

think of it as individual skills just think of it as (if a triple toe back) toe touch, toe touch, toe touch, standing back!!!
it really helps me when i am tired and have to keep going!!

Thanks for all of the advice. She had practice last night and tried to incorporate the suggestions. She can land them when she's not in the routine. I'm happy to say that in the last full out, she landed them!! Now, she just needs to keep working to make that happen every time. Thanks again!

I know this is very random but does anyone have any advice on pointing your toes in your jumps. I have pretty good jumps just can not ever point my toes which makes my jumps ugly. lol ANY HELP???

I know this is very random but does anyone have any advice on pointing your toes in your jumps. I have pretty good jumps just can not ever point my toes which makes my jumps ugly. lol ANY HELP???
Thank god, I'm not the only one!

any sort of conditioning at home working on her core would help so much! hollow holds and hollow rock and some leg lifts for the lower abs.

Have her do a tuck box for endurance.
Do one tuck facing the front. Turn to the right and do one. Turn to the right again (now you'll be facing the opposite side of where you began obviously). Then turn to the right again and do one. Then turn to the front and do a jumps to tuck (or just a regular standing tuck so she can help her endurance, before replacing that with a jumps to tuck).

Don't wait an eight count inbetween each. Just turn and go on everyone "one."

Hope this helps!

Back