All-Star Kiara Nowlin "coy"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And her mom and dad were not able to marry like 40 yrs ago but its all good now. Let's stay positive and hope Kiara is chosen to represent cheerleaders from all races and nationalities :)

So will that give American Cheerleader a pass for another 7 years? Dont get me wrong, she WILL win. And rightly so because she deserves too. But there are 6 issues out every year...and those other cover models dont have to win a contest in order to be recognized. JMO. Shameful.
It's not just about what's on the outside. You have to apply for it, first. You need to have the character and personality of a girl that younger girls can look up to. You also have to give them something to write about! They're not specifically looking for white girls, they're looking for girls that fit the requirements that have applied, regardless of what they look like on the outside.

ETA: Voted :)

It's not just about what's on the outside. You have to apply for it, first. You need to have the character and personality of a girl that younger girls can look up to. You also have to give them something to write about! They're not specifically looking for white girls, they're looking for girls that fit the requirements that have applied, regardless of what they look like on the outside.

Thank you for saying this. I agree 100%. No black girl should get it just because they need to make sure it's completely even. People are people, and if white girls apply that happen to be more qualified than a black girl who does, then give it to the white girl... and of course vice versa. Color should have absolutely ZERO effect on this either way. Just like it bugs me when they give scholarships to minorities only. I am positive that they are fully capable of getting a scholarship without special treatment. People nowadays try way too hard to make sure every race has equal opportunity, and that everyone is completely evenly represented. Anyways that wasn't meant to change the subject, once I get started talking about this I seriously could go on forever. It's one of those things that I am extremely opinionated about.
And of course I voted for Kiara! :)

OMG yes!!!!! Kiara is amazing no matter what nationality her parents are....her parents have taught her that hard work is key and they are also way more focused on the KIND of kid she turns out to be and not how many awards or titles she has....Todd says the compliments about her being kind and a good person are what counts....BTW...I see ALL kinds of kids on the cover of the magazine...I think it's GREAT!!!!!!!

Thank you for saying this. I agree 100%. No black girl should get it just because they need to make sure it's completely even. People are people, and if white girls apply that happen to be more qualified than a black girl who does, then give it to the white girl... and of course vice versa. Color should have absolutely ZERO effect on this either way. Just like it bugs me when they give scholarships to minorities only. I am positive that they are fully capable of getting a scholarship without special treatment. People nowadays try way too hard to make sure every race has equal opportunity, and that everyone is completely evenly represented. Anyways that wasn't meant to change the subject, once I get started talking about this I seriously could go on forever. It's one of those things that I am extremely opinionated about.
And of course I voted for Kiara! :)

I hope everyone enjoys the Martin Luther King Jr Holiday on Monday!!

(Oh and I voted...not because she is a person of color...)

Regardless, COY goes in the next issue, right? I've already seen the cover, and there's no point in arguing over it. It's the newest COM.

Back