OT Laptop

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My first laptop was an Acer, and it ran great. :) My little sister uses it now because I got a Macbook as a graduation present. I know a lot of the Acer models run under $500. Hope this helps!!

I second Lenovo.

This looks like a good one: Newegg.com - Lenovo G505s (59373010) AMD A-Series A10-5750M(2.50GHz) 6GB Memory 1TB HDD 15.6" Notebook Windows 8

Great memory and it looks like a pretty good graphics card.

I'm mostly lost when it comes to computers and what constitutes a good one... do you think this would be a good one for a high schooler/middle schooler who would be using it for school work? I know having Word loaded is important for doing school stuff, but that's about all I know! lol

I'm mostly lost when it comes to computers and what constitutes a good one... do you think this would be a good one for a high schooler/middle schooler who would be using it for school work? I know having Word loaded is important for doing school stuff, but that's about all I know! lol

That's more than you need for basic schoolwork. But getting something more powerful than you need now will also ensure that it will last a little longer. If you get the barebones specs now, it will start to feel slower quicker as software continues to boost it's minimum requirements.

My brother and I are buying my mom a new laptop for Christmas so I've been trying to find some good deals. I know nothing about brands, so I can't make any recommendations. But, right now Walmart has a bundle online that includes a laptop, carrying case, printer, and flash drive (it shows other stuff you can add, but it's optional). It starts at $300, with some options adding more. They have 24 laptops you can choose from. With Black Friday coming up, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of laptop specials around though.

I have a MacBook Pro. However, I'm biased towards Mac because that's what I learned photoshop on (and because my best friend refurbishes them and sells them on ebay). They definitely aren't cheap. They last forever though.

As for other laptops I've had, I had a Dell Inspiron Mini and it worked for just messing around on the internet and Microsoft word. However, it was very small and hard to see the screen. I also had a larger Dell that I shared with my brother that worked fine for a few years but now it won't even turn on. I had another laptop that I forget the brand but all I remember is that it has Windows XP on it and I hated it. We have a Gateway desktop at home and it works wonderfully. I haven't used photoshop on it but I have used Microsoft Picture Editor (it came with the computer) and it's slow with that.

In conclusion, just make sure that you have enough memory to hold photoshop documents.

I wouldn't recommend dell or acer. I currently have an Acer laptop (that I've had for about 4 years now) and I have had soooooo many issues with it....

I co-own a computer company with my ex-husband he can build, modify, fix and paint any computers Pm and I can give you the website since I don't think I can post it here :)

Often times, problems that people might have with laptops are self induced.

Not saying that's the case with people that have posted here but just keep that in mind.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

My supervisors at work calls those "ID-Ten-T" errors. (ID10T errors) :p

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I'm currently using a Toshiba and they are the best laptops in my opinion.
The first laptop I had was also a Toshiba and was very long-wearing and did everything I wanted. Then I got a Dell and it was the worst choice I could have made. I was studying IT at the time and couldn't use any of the programs I had to for school.

Reviving because I just got an iPad mini with a case that is a full keyboard and I love it. The case was about $100 but it works well

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

Back