Level 2 Front Handspring

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you! If you (or anyone else) know any difficult level 2 passes, please post! I coach a level 2 team that's highly advanced in tumbling, so we want to challenge them (they don't have the stunt skills for level 3 so we're staying level 2). And sorry for hijacking the thread lol.

What about a front walkover front handspring forward roll front walkover round off back handspring? We scored pretty well in tumbling with front walkover round off back handspring bwo back handspring last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! If you (or anyone else) know any difficult level 2 passes, please post! .
Round of with a series of as many BHS as they can do.
Do a standing BHS stop for one count then do another (this shows they are top level as they can nearly do a double which is level 3)
Toe touch wait for a count then BHS (same reason as above)
Round of BHS backward role push up to handstand snap down looks pretty cool.

Front handsprings are really hard to do well. So are front handspring step outs. It seems like the reward for doing front handsprings vs front walkovers in cheer tumbling is nowhere near worth how difficult it is to do a good FHS (even in L3) so I can see why no one does them and why gyms don't work them. They aren't even appreciated in L4 before the front tuck step out so most people just go right to the front tuck. The lack of emphasis on the FHS before more advanced front tumbling is one of the significant differences between cheer and gymnastics tumbling - another is how in gymnastics you virtually never see a backhandspring immediately after a no handed skill like a tuck/layout, but in cheer that is worked on a lot.

What about a front walkover front handspring forward roll front walkover round off back handspring? We scored pretty well in tumbling with front walkover round off back handspring bwo back handspring last season.

A goal I have for one of my girls is a front walkover - front handspring - fly spring (stepout into a running bhs pass). I think it will look great if executed correctly.

Thank you everyone! We're gonna try fly-spring step out - RO - BHS step out - RO - BHS - BHS with a few of them! And also a pass we have already tried is cartwheel - BHS step out - FWO - RO - BHS, it looks good!

My daughter had two running passes when she was junior 2 level 2

I think one was fwo ro 3 bhs with 3 others and one was fwo ro 2 bhs.

Youth 2 she did fwo ro bhs for one pass and and ro 2 bhs for another

And the other year she did youth 2

She did fwo ro 2 bhs
And
Ro 2 bhs, rebound 2 step back the other way ro bhs step out, ro bhs bhs

.. I think

I don't remember standing passes

Eta: I didn't realize this was about fhs OOPS I just read the post where another mom listed her daughters tumbling passes on level 2 and just followed suit...
BUT for the record
She could not ever do a fhs, I mean she can do it now but it's not something you would want to see in a routine .. But I'd love too see some nice level 2 passes with fhs if anyone performed them and has videos :)
And good luck @youbetterwork those sound like wonderful passes. Hope they can pull them off and they look effortless!

My daughter had two running passes when she was junior 2 level 2

I think one was fwo ro 3 bhs with 3 others and one was fwo ro 2 bhs.

Youth 2 she did fwo ro bhs for one pass and and ro 2 bhs for another

And the other year she did youth 2

She did fwo ro 2 bhs
And
Ro 2 bhs, rebound 2 step back the other way ro bhs step out, ro bhs bhs

.. I think

I don't remember standing passes

Eta: I didn't realize this was about fhs OOPS I just read the post where another mom listed her daughters tumbling passes on level 2 and just followed suit...
BUT for the record
She could not ever do a fhs, I mean she can do it now but it's not something you would want to see in a routine .. But I'd love too see some nice level 2 passes with fhs if anyone performed them and has videos :)
And good luck @youbetterwork those sound like wonderful passes. Hope they can pull them off and they look effortless!

Thank you for the suggestions!

This is my team from jamfest, @ about 2 mins in our rt starts. The two girls going across, my coaches wanted them to do fhs, but they are too flexible in their backs and don't get that extra push so they just had them to fwo instead. But after that our guy does a really nice fhs ro bhs x3. Normally we compete on dead floor but this time it was gymnastics floor or something, so a bit springy lol! Generally i think girls have a harder time with fhs as it's really hard to push before your feet touches, i always struggled way way more with my fhs than my bhs.

Back