Level 3 Pyramid: Legal Or Illegal?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 26, 2013
I am a coach at an all-star gym in CT. I am looking to see if a section of our pyramid is illegal.
The flyer starts in a squish but the backspot is in front of the stunt tossing from the shins. The flyer is braced on both arms and does a half twist release to a one legged extension so that the backspot is now holding the flyers ankle. The flyer remains braced on both sides the entire time, not letting go. Is this legal or do we need an extra spotter for the ankles of the flyer before the release?

I am a coach at an all-star gym in CT. I am looking to see if a section of our pyramid is illegal.
The flyer starts in a squish but the backspot is in front of the stunt tossing from the shins. The flyer is braced on both arms and does a half twist release to a one legged extension so that the backspot is now holding the flyers ankle. The flyer remains braced on both sides the entire time, not letting go. Is this legal or do we need an extra spotter for the ankles of the flyer before the release?
Nope we do this stunt too! It's legal

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back