Level 4 Pass

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 26, 2014
My cp has to do only 1 tumbling pass at tryouts, which is more difficult 1) fwo/ro/bhs/lo or 2) ro/tuck/bhs/bhs/tuck?

Personally, I would prefer to see a pretty FWO thru to LO before I see someone "tuck" a whip. Saying RO Tuck thru to Tuck really just means she hasn't learned to whip properly yet, IMO. So my opinion is Option #1

The first pass is a level 4 pass.
The second pass is a level 4 pass, too, because in level 3 you cannot do skills after the tuck.

OP - so she only gets one pass? Running only? Or does she get one running and one standing? If it is one of each, do pass 1 for running and do jumps + two to tuck for standing.

I understand, but many gyms require all running passes for level 4 to end in a layout.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Thanks for all the help!! She has to do 1 running and 1 standing, she doesn't have a whip yet. Basically she went from level 2 team last year to level 4 this year so she didn't really have the time to get all the level 4 down. Think she will go with no 1 she's more comfortable with that, and her standing is double back to tuck.

I went from level 2 to 4 too! For tryouts I would just do a clean round off back handsoeing layout and for standing I would do standing tuck or standing 1 to tuck. If she doesn't have standing tuck or standing 1 to tuck, then do a standing 2 to tuck but standing tuck and 1 to tuck is "harder" (it's easier for me but scores more difficulty )

I went from level 2 to 4 too! For tryouts I would just do a clean round off back handsoeing layout and for standing I would do standing tuck or standing 1 to tuck. If she doesn't have standing tuck or standing 1 to tuck, then do a standing 2 to tuck but standing tuck and 1 to tuck is "harder" (it's easier for me but scores more difficulty )

Thanks for the advice!

I agree with @daniIV - whatever she can do with the best form. And consistently! The worst is having kids miraculously throw passes at tryouts and, as soon as they are placed on a team, poof! The skill disappears. Consistency, confidence and good form!

My CP hit her standing tuck by herself literally 12 hours before tryouts and she made the team that she wanted. Thank God she's been hitting it ever since. Of course I make sure she takes classes to make sure she gets her reps in throwing the skill so that when practices start, she's not the weakest link.

Thanks for all the help!! She has to do 1 running and 1 standing, she doesn't have a whip yet. Basically she went from level 2 team last year to level 4 this year so she didn't really have the time to get all the level 4 down. Think she will go with no 1 she's more comfortable with that, and her standing is double back to tuck.

My CP is doing the same thing. She jumped from 2 to 4 and has her standing tuck and layout. Her stand CP is a flyer so the transition is going to be difficult. She still has tumbling to learn and the difficulty flying has double so she'll still be taking extra classes.

My CP is doing the same thing. She jumped from 2 to 4 and has her standing tuck and layout. Her stand CP is a flyer so the transition is going to be difficult. She still has tumbling to learn and the difficulty flying has double so she'll still be taking extra classes.
I know how you feel, our first year she was on a Y3, last year we had a few girls leave so the remaing Y3 girls had to merge onto Jr2. Our gym is still relatively small so there is no guarantee that there will be a Jr4 again next year, so I'm hoping she can get most of her level 4 skills so even if we only have Sr4 she can make it!

Back