Level 4 Pass

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

While on the subject, who can tell me if the following is legal in level 3 and/or level 4 ?

1. Front aerial, RO, handspring, tuck
2. Front aerial, RO, handspring,
layout

As I'm sure you guessed, my daughter is preparing for this year's tryouts and she can't find out the answer. She was level 3 last year but pondering whether to try out for level 4 this year. She's looking for a unique pass rather than the usual. But, she's only just started working on her full.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

While on the subject, who can tell me if the following is legal in level 3 and/or level 4 ?

layout

As I'm sure you guessed, my daughter is preparing for this year's tryouts and she can't find out the answer. She was level 3 last year but pondering whether to try out for level 4 this year. She's looking for a unique pass rather than the usual. But, she's only just started working on her full.

Neither is legal in level 3 because under standing tumbling B:

No tumbling is allowed after a flip or an aerial cartwheel.
Exception: A forward or backward roll is allowed after a tuck flip; however, no tumbling is allowed after the roll.
Clarification: If any tumbling follows a forward or backward roll or forward or backward flip, at least one step into the next tumbling skill must be included to separate the two passes.

So they're both technically level 4 passes, but if she can perform pass 2 as cleanly as pass 1, pass 2 would be the more difficult level 4 pass. Additionally - pay attention to the clarification above - if she takes a step or two in between the aerial and the round off, it won't be considered a connected pass and therefore pass 1 would be technically two level 3 passes and pass 2 would be a level 3 pass followed by a level 4 pass.

Neither is legal in level 3 because under standing tumbling B:

No tumbling is allowed after a flip or an aerial cartwheel.
Exception: A forward or backward roll is allowed after a tuck flip; however, no tumbling is allowed after the roll.
Clarification: If any tumbling follows a forward or backward roll or forward or backward flip, at least one step into the next tumbling skill must be included to separate the two passes.

So they're both technically level 4 passes, but if she can perform pass 2 as cleanly as pass 1, pass 2 would be the more difficult level 4 pass. Additionally - pay attention to the clarification above - if she takes a step or two in between the aerial and the round off, it won't be considered a connected pass and therefore pass 1 would be technically two level 3 passes and pass 2 would be a level 3 pass followed by a level 4 pass.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify. The information helps a lot.

layout

I know when we were on level 3 we had 4 girls in the routine do side aerial, RO HS tuck, and currently on level 4 my cp's coach wants her to get her front aerial to replace the fwo in her current pass. So I am thinking yes they are legal running passes?

Last edited:
Back