Level One Jumps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 23, 2010
At a cheersport regional today, our mini team received a safety deduction in jumps. The "problem skill" is a toe touch that lands in a straddle on the ground. Their feet don't touch the ground first. I've read the level one rules four times now and I absolutely can't find anything that says this is illegal. I have been told that if the girls "caught" themselves with their hands before they hit the floor, it would be legal.

Can someone please help me understand why the jump is illegal?

From the general safety rules:

Drops including but not limited to knee, seat, thigh, front, back and split drops from a jump, stunt, or inverted position are not allowed unless the majority of the weight is first borne on the hands or feet, which breaks the impact of the drop. Shushinovas are allowed. Clarification: Drops that include any weight bearing contact with the hands and feet are not in clear violation of this rule.

From the general safety rules:

Drops including but not limited to knee, seat, thigh, front, back and split drops from a jump, stunt, or inverted position are not allowed unless the majority of the weight is first borne on the hands or feet, which breaks the impact of the drop. Shushinovas are allowed. Clarification: Drops that include any weight bearing contact with the hands and feet are not in clear violation of this rule.
Awesome thanks!

Back