Lsu Cheer Coach Needs Your Prayers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 1, 2010
I posted this in college section, but I figured I'd post here too... We need all the prayers we can get.

Last night, the cheer coach for Louisiana State University was in a very bad boating accident. His boat hit a pier and he was thrown from the boat. He is currently in ICU at a Baton Rouge hospital. He underwent surgery today and is resting tonight. I will continue to update as much as possible. Please pray for him as we are believing God for a full recovery. And for his family as they are strong for him during this tough time. You can send him your prayers and best wishes by going to. Www.getwellchico.com

His name is Chico Garcia. Thanks in advance for your Prayers. Miracles still happen.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=30.405244,-91.034377

I posted this in the prayer requests section yesterday. Glad you brought it here.

Hang in there Chico.

UPDATE: Just saw Chico Garcia and it is so nice to see his smile and hear his voice!! He is so overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support! He hasn't gotten the chance to read any of the wonderful things written about him, be we've done our best in relaying the messages! It is obvious to his family that Chico has touched so many lives! What an amazing person!!! Keep CHEERING FOR CHICO!!!

http://www.wbrz.com/videoplayer/?video_id=8506

UPDATE: For every pint of blood donated at the hospital, a $100 credit will be applied to Chico Garcia's account!!! First floor around the corner from Subway! CHEERING FOR CHICO!!!

IF you are in or around Baton Rouge, please stop by and help out!!

I work at the lake so If the ER isnt busy tomorrow I will make my way to the blood bank.

UPDATE: For every pint of blood donated at the hospital, a $100 credit will be applied to Chico Garcia's account!!! First floor around the corner from Subway! CHEERING FOR CHICO!!!

IF you are in or around Baton Rouge, please stop by and help out!!

Can you ask at the hospital if there is anyway that people can donate at other locations (other states even) and get the credit for Chico? I'd certainly be willing to do that if I could get him credit somehow.

The credit is $15 not $100 this was a miss understanding. You can donate as long there is an outstanding balance in his name. He was told it'll be 3 to 4 months before he would be able to leave the hospital. There is no rush to give blood. Many hospitals in different states will give credit for Chico, if you donate blood. We are working on getting a list. Another way you can help is buy purchasing a cheering for Chico shirt

http://www.tigerdistrict.com/products/001-99999/Cheering-for-Chico.html

Also Dutchtown High cheerleaders are selling wrist bands. I will post a picture when they come in.

Chico is in for a long, painful process. He still has no motor function from the chest down. Please continue to pray and send support to him. He will pull through because Miracles still happen. God is good

Thanks for your prayers and continued support!

Can you ask at the hospital if there is anyway that people can donate at other locations (other states even) and get the credit for Chico? I'd certainly be willing to do that if I could get him credit somehow.

If this is strictly thru the Lake, they own multiply locations none outside of the state though

Back