Lsu Cheer Coach Needs Your Prayers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Update: Chico is in really good spirits. He had an OT come in today and he said he could feel some tingling in his arms. It's going to be a long fight, but he is the one to fight it. What an inspiration to the Baton Rouge community! Chico has effected so many lives, yesterday the blood bank could not keep up with all the people waiting to give blood for Chico. The women said it was hands down the most blood they've ever taken in one day. God is good and the BR community is amazing. We have stuck together through hurricanes, floods, and now to see it through til Chico walks!!!! Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers!!! Pray without Ceasing and keep on Cheering for Chico :0)

Hey guys, this update is not so positive. Chico was not allowed visitors this weekend bc the doctors kept him sedated and on a ventilator. He needs your prayers more now than ever! Next update is tomorrow morning.

If you would like to support Chico and his family, you can purchase a Scentsy candle from

Www.mysafecandle.Scentsy.us

All profit goes to the "Cheering for Chico" fund.

Pray without Ceasing!

Thanks for everyone's continued prayers and support! Having a community of faith is almost as effect as medicine. I've experienced many miracles through faith, and I'm so confident that we will experience one through Chico.

Chico’s injury is directly related to breathing difficulty, as the nerves that control the diaphragm arise from C3, 4 & 5. Because he was in such good physical shape prior to the accident, Chico has been able to use other accessory muscles to assist with breathing. However, as time as passed, his breathing had become more and more labored, and in order to stabilize his oxygen levels, doctors determined it was necessary to perform a tracheostomy procedure. As I have told some, if Chico was a 40-50 year old man with this type of injury, this procedure would have most likely been done immediately.
Over the next 48-72 hours, they will gradually allow Chico to wake up and try to wean him off the ventilator, in an attempt to allow him to breath on his own through the trach. Also, a special valve will eventually be inserted in the trach in a few days or so, allowing him to talk, however this takes some getting used to and it may be a few days before he can say more than a word or two at a time.

Once his breathing is stabIlized, and special precautions have been taken to prevent skin breakdown, pneumonia, blood clots, etc., Chico’s condition will then be considered stable and he will be ready to begin the rehab process.

One of my students tweeted the following Scripture last night and it was a supernatural wake up call for me

"The LORD is my Shepard. I lack nothing" Psalms 23:1

Back