All-Star Maddies New Stunt?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does UNC CH cheer team compete or is it just sideline cheer?

The Club team competes. I think the draw of cheer there is more to see the games and be part of the show. After 14 years with some of it in the spotlight so to speak, I think that will be a good change of gears for her. She is a student first and foremost.

Hailey Davis main, Savannah Cochran back spot, and Riley Price secondary. I totally agree.
Great job girls, you make it look so easy but I know you work your booties off to make it look so effortless. Your entire stunt group is awesome!!!!! I bet you people would pay money for those bases to come in and teach girls how to base.

If SE had been ahead in the judge's scoresheets after Day 1 you would have not seen the stunt. Even with the Day one score SE could have won with the Day 2 performance if they had a little help. To their great credit, SS did not give us any help, and they won. It was not nothing to lose. But, I think Co-ed and SE can and will get better, and I think they both know they have to get better to win.
I love your response.

The Club team competes. I think the draw of cheer there is more to see the games and be part of the show. After 14 years with some of it in the spotlight so to speak, I think that will be a good change of gears for her. She is a student first and foremost.
That will be good for her! I love competing, but the best part of college cheer was the games and events! There's nothing like it! Good luck to her and the rest of their seniors!

It looks good by itself yes. but look at this video from nca of it. Her stunt i good but it just dosnt flow with the other stunts it looks stupid when herr group just stands there in the middle and waits.

It looks good by itself yes. but look at this video from nca of it. Her stunt i good but it just dosnt flow with the other stunts it looks stupid when herr group just stands there in the middle and waits.

I wouldn't say it looks stupid but there is that second when it's akward that they are on the ground before they go up. All in all this team has come a long way since kick off. I just realized they use front spots on a few groups?? Are they under 36 girls on the team or just not putting up max stunts?

I wouldn't say it looks stupid but there is that second when it's akward that they are on the ground before they go up. All in all this team has come a long way since kick off. I just realized they use front spots on a few groups?? Are they under 36 girls on the team or just not putting up max stunts?
They put up nine stunts in the second stunt sequence...

The point of the stunt was to improve the score from Day 1. That along with extra baskets and better performance of the routine and skills increased the raw score a lot. We had no chance to win after Day 1 unless something was done and they had a chance Day 2. I personally am pretty proud of her group for doing it on arguably the biggest stage in cheer after being told they were going to do it that morning. However you think it looked, think about being them for a couple of seconds. The whole cheer world was watching intently. And big props her bases, it was not technically the best but they made it work when I'm sure they were all at heart rates of 150. That said, the stunts they are doing now will be just fine as they all do them and there is no need or desire to do this one again. In our mind, amends were made to April and for all the talk she never made a mistake at NCA over 8 years and 18 routines. It caused a bit of crowd reaction, it was a surprise and one coach of a competing team stated, "well that was a show". I'll take that.

they put up 8 stunts in the first sequence. The second they put up 9 one group doesnt have a back spot because ashley tumbles during the stunts and then front spots when she is done tumbling for the second part of the sequence.

they put up 8 stunts in the first sequence. The second they put up 9 one group doesnt have a back spot because ashley tumbles during the stunts and then front spots when she is done tumbling for the second part of the sequence.
yeah, but the 2nd stunt isn't really and elite level stunt. a few in the middle do a stretch to stretch but the outside groups just go up to a lib. that's a level 3 stunt. Visually, it looks AMAZING! I wonder how judges score that against F5 or Stars that have 9 do the full stunt sequence? I would love to see SE get 9 in the air for the first stunt, that would be amazing to watch at worlds! :)

Back