High School Male Flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How have I missed 11 pages worth of this thread!? That's tryout season for you!

To add my opinion, I think it depends on if we're talking allstar or school. I don't prefer guys flying, but in an allstar world it doesn't bother me as much.

My school however is strictly UCA style. A guy flying will never happen. I'm sure it won't be a popular statement, but a guy trying out for my team has zero chance at even making varsity. He could be the most amazing cheerleader in the room, but we are an all girl team. I'm not interested in trying to go co-ed because we have 1 guy interested, especially if that guy doesn't contribute in a traditional UCA way. There is no way we stand a chance of doing well in the coed division with 1 boy, especially if it's a boy who fits a flyer mold. Until the rule comes that 1 boy still equals all girl, there is zero chance of me taking a boy.

YES! Had this argument all the time, unless you are non tumble (up to 2 males), 1 boys equates to CoEd and that just screws with comp divisions. All the time, people are like I wish we had guys and I say, I wish I had 3-6.. one doesn't help this team.... but a bunch of guys who are all strong and willing to learn would.

The problem is that guys won't do it because there are no other guys who cheer, but the reason is because coaches won't take them/ guys don't join because there are no guys. If there were 5 guys on every cheer team, more guys would do it.

But yeah, unless he is able to hold his weight and is the most flexible, I´d make him fly point, if not, then heś gonna tumble instead.

Back