OT March Madness 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Let's all take a second to watch the (2nd) #1 overall seed in the NCAA Women's tournament dance to Beyonce during the selection show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not even sure if ESPN hosts those (I would hope they do) but I would totally make one. I'll look around after they announce the field today.
They do! I made a group for us - same info as the men's bracket group. If you're using the app, to enter you have to go to more games to find the women's brackets. On a computer you can just google "NCAA women's bracket online challenge" and it should come up!

They do! I made a group for us - same info as the men's bracket group. If you're using the app, to enter you have to go to more games to find the women's brackets. On a computer you can just google "NCAA women's bracket online challenge" and it should come up!

Woooo, thanks! I'm in that one too. LADY GAMECOCKS ALL THE WAY (even though they screwed us again by sending us to SOUTH DAKOTA but whatever)

Pumped that we're playing Tennessee in Arizona!

I'll be in OKC with the men, but I need our ladies to get to the Sweet 16 so I can cheer for them again. I think they can do it.

......not according to at least one of my brackets.

Well as long as you have at least one that has it...

Woooo, thanks! I'm in that one too. LADY GAMECOCKS ALL THE WAY (even though they screwed us again by sending us to SOUTH DAKOTA but whatever)

Yeahhhhh but it's only because we're the #2 #1 seed overall. Which is good

Although we're still (hopefully) going to end up playing Notre Dame anyway

But people were only thinking we'd be in the Lexington regional because we were 3rd in the AP polls and that's where the 3 #1 would play

I was going to go to Lexington...but nah to South Dakota. I wouldn't waste my friends buddy pass with a trip to Sioux Falls

Yeahhhhh but it's only because we're the #2 #1 seed overall. Which is good

Although we're still (hopefully) going to end up playing Notre Dame anyway

But people were only thinking we'd be in the Lexington regional because we were 3rd in the AP polls and that's where the 3 #1 would play

I was going to go to Lexington...but nah to South Dakota. I wouldn't waste my friends buddy pass with a trip to Sioux Falls

From everything I've seen the locations are pre-seeded. You'd go based on proximity in order of your ranking. So I thought we would get Lexington based off location (we'd been #2 in RPI for a while, which is what the tournament uses). UConn being #1 would obviously get Hartford, then we would get Lexington since it's closest. Then the committee chair came out and said they sent us there because Lexington or South Dakota is "a flight either way" for SC fans....which is not true. But ok dude. Creme: Women's committee got bracket right

Overall I suppose it's an easier bracket though (knock on wood) since we've already beaten the other top two teams. Plus I couldn't make it either way, so doesn't matter all that much. I hear South Dakota is beautiful this time of year.......?

Pumped that we're playing Tennessee in Arizona!

I'll be in OKC with the men, but I need our ladies to get to the Sweet 16 so I can cheer for them again. I think they can do it.

It would be cool if they met South Carolina in the Elite Eight!

From everything I've seen the locations are pre-seeded. You'd go based on proximity in order of your ranking. So I thought we would get Lexington based off location (we'd been #2 in RPI for a while, which is what the tournament uses). UConn being #1 would obviously get Hartford, then we would get Lexington since it's closest. Then the committee chair came out and said they sent us there because Lexington or South Dakota is "a flight either way" for SC fans....which is not true. But ok dude. Creme: Women's committee got bracket right

Overall I suppose it's an easier bracket though (knock on wood) since we've already beaten the other top two teams. Plus I couldn't make it either way, so doesn't matter all that much. I hear South Dakota is beautiful this time of year.......?
and if they were going to send them 15-20 hours away, why couldn't it have been Hartford??!! I could have hosted a hell of a tournament party :D

I've been stalking the regionals and comparing to previous years since Feb 28 ( I needed to know for work in case I needed to use comp time to ask off to go to Lexington )

The Sioux Fall regional has been on the empty bracket in the section where Carolina is playing and Lexington was always where Notre Dame is playing

Last year I'm pretty sure Carolina was the #3 1 and that's why they ended up in the Greensboro regional (the Lexington equivalent).

So they might have made Carolina #2 #1 for the sake of playing in SD but the chatter even last night was the assumption that the #3 in AP would be playing in the #3 regional bracket and that was the vibe of "disappointed " Dawn gave last night when she addressed to crowd....all the while acknowledging that the bracket is easier

We just have to beat ND either way

Back