All-Star More World Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And I completely agree… but how do you know only the best doesn’t mean a XS team from a small gym? It’s hard to see the bias when your not the one who’s being treated different. When a team can preform the elite level skills plus 2-3 more on each category for stunting and tumbling, and hit them. They should come close to scoring as good as some of the better name teams (especially when those teams have falls in stunts or missed tumbling skills). But I’ve see teams do just that and still score lower then the other teams. I’m sorry, but they hid being the comparative scoring and it’s a joke anymore. If everyone could be judge fairly and consistently without judgement, then I would agree with what you are saying. Until then, I say bring on the new divisions.

Yes, sometimes an XS team from a small gym is the best and if so they can go compete in that division. If they are truly the best they will win without having to add more categories and stipulating rules such as can only have one team. They will go and win on their own merit.

Question - for virtual IASF worlds there are USA teams competing
  • International open non-tumbling level 7
  • International open coed non-tumbling level 7.
Are these divisions now open to USA teams or is that only for the virtual 2021 competition?

Yes, sometimes an XS team from a small gym is the best and if so they can go compete in that division. If they are truly the best they will win without having to add more categories and stipulating rules such as can only have one team. They will go and win on their own merit.
the problem small gyms have that most big/mega gyms dont, is money... More money to hire the best choreographer, more money to have the best music, etc. The extra small division with some extra rules, didnt bother anyone or how any other mega gym placed in other divisions. What it did bother is the mega gym who see an easy opportunity to put another trophy on the wall in what they consider an easy division.....

i also saw the extra small division good for those small gyms business, it would have drawn more kids to possibly try out for the smaller gym, knowing they can compete at the bigger competitions and have the possibility of placing. Not only growing the sport, but also helping grow a small business. I saw a lot of pluses to that division staying the way it was originally.

the problem small gyms have that most big/mega gyms dont, is money... More money to hire the best choreographer, more money to have the best music, etc. The extra small division with some extra rules, didnt bother anyone or how any other mega gym placed in other divisions. What it did bother is the mega gym who see an easy opportunity to put another trophy on the wall in what they consider an easy division.....

i also saw the extra small division good for those small gyms business, it would have drawn more kids to possibly try out for the smaller gym, knowing they can compete at the bigger competitions and have the possibility of placing. Not only growing the sport, but also helping grow a small business. I saw a lot of pluses to that division staying the way it was originally.

Yes, I don't have a problem with the extra small division but they continue to add divisions and now a division with restrictions.

Life isn't fair. Some gyms will have more money, etc. It is part of why D2 exists. Just as some athletes grow up with more advantages, money for extra classes, unlimited privates, etc. It doesn't change my personal feelings to keep just one competition special, only the best of the best win. I respect that others may disagree.

Last edited:
There weren’t any other threads about this right now and I had questions about IASF Worlds coming in a few weeks. I am actually rather confused about it and I feel like I understand cheer pretty well:

1. Is the event specifically for those international teams who didn’t get a chance to compete at USASF Worlds due to Covid? I was confused because don’t most of these divisions normally compete at worlds in May?

2. Or is it something that any of the American IASF division teams can enter?

3. If American teams can enter, is that truthfully a fair situation? There are gyms in Canada and other countries who really just started practicing like three months ago if that.

4. Can you compete in the IASF event if you already competed at worlds in May?

5. If you win this event, are you considered a world champion or is it noted that this was specifically IASF worlds?

Just curious as to how this works with say, American teams who have already had the opportunity to compete and have been practicing with new teams since April and May?

There weren’t any other threads about this right now and I had questions about IASF Worlds coming in a few weeks. I am actually rather confused about it and I feel like I understand cheer pretty well:

1. Is the event specifically for those international teams who didn’t get a chance to compete at USASF Worlds due to Covid? I was confused because don’t most of these divisions normally compete at worlds in May?

3. If American teams can enter, is that truthfully a fair situation? There are gyms in Canada and other countries who really just started practicing like three months ago if that.

5. If you win this event, are you considered a world champion or is it noted that this was specifically IASF worlds?

Just curious as to how this works with say, American teams who have already had the opportunity to compete and have been practicing with new teams since April and May?

It is confusing! COVID has made a mess of things!

^^^For sure! I’m just trying to figure out how this works. For example, let’s say a team won or globed at Worlds 2021 in May. Are they eligible for this virtual event?

I don’t understand why so many people are upset about this. The common complaint I see is that it’s a money grab. That there are too many divisions already and that is a small gym can’t handle the competition they should go back to a D2 division somewhere else. The real problem is that it is a money grab, but not as some see it. Our team is a very small gym. Year after year we are lucky to have enough girls to even compete XS. We come from a small town. We have very good talent but it’s a numbers game to keep up with enough stunt groups and athletes to even be competitive. With that said, in the 3 years we have had a worlds team we have had paid bids to worlds and have made it to semis. We have consistently beat D1 programs at large competitions. Here’s where the problem is, year one (the 2nd year of XS when big gyms were allowed to compete) we were the highest scoring D2 gym. We didn’t make it to finals. If it had been like the previous year, we would have won. It’s seems like once a no name gym competes against a big name gym the chances of coming out on top are few. Not because we went good enough but because we lack a name and with a name comes more money. To bring back up the money problem; worlds likes to make the big gyms happy because the big gyms spend more money. They have more athletes and more teams and offer more bang for their buck. A small gym with only 13 athletes does nothing for them. If varsity is as truly money hungry as everyone claims, you don’t think it’s possible they also tilt the table towards the D1 gyms to win? We not asking to have a new division or even a different Worlds as some have suggested. We are asking to be considered and compared fairly. To me these new divisions are proof that Varsity recognizes their bias and instead of fixing the real problem, they try and cover it up with a new division therein creating a bigger divide.
A big gym will always have the advantage over a small gym, we have gone through it for years.

A big gym will always have the advantage over a small gym, we have gone through it for years.

Small gyms shouldn't feel the need to defend themselves, High School and the NCAA have their divisions based on student population . All Star has The Major's, and it's an invitation only, primarily med-large gym event, one and done, battle to the end that has the teams from Jam National's to help offset its expenses.

When it comes to having a World's only event (small population), that's primarily parent funded, primarily youth, and you want a representation of talent from around the world and what you have not seen before, you have to make it as fair and exciting as possible so teams will come. I understand why gyms flying kids over the pond 9+ hours, with a 5 hour time difference or small gyms with smaller resource and talent pools would not want to spend their money or time attending something they feel is weighted against them from the start.

Small gyms shouldn't feel the need to defend themselves, High School and the NCAA have their divisions based on student population . All Star has The Major's, and it's an invitation only, primarily med-large gym event, one and done, battle to the end that has the teams from Jam National's to help offset its expenses.

When it comes to having a World's only event (small population), that's primarily parent funded, primarily youth, and you want a representation of talent from around the world and what you have not seen before, you have to make it as fair and exciting as possible so teams will come. I understand why gyms flying kids over the pond 9+ hours, with a 5 hour time difference or small gyms with smaller resource and talent pools would not want to spend their money or time attending something they feel is weighted against them from the start.

Isn't that the purpose of D1 & D2?

I wish Majors had more space available, but not too much! LOL. One downfall to Majors is that is based on last seasons team (not current team or current season) and the invite formula is not shared.

Last edited:

It is IASF Worlds, that usually happens along side USASF Worlds. They are always (well for the last 7-8ish years) two completely separate events that just happen to be the same weekend. Technically, IASF Worlds did not occur this May, USASF just chose to offer those divisions so the US teams in those divisions could compete in person. Competing then has no bearing on competing at IASF. Though personally, seems kinda weird to me to compete at this when you already competed. Rubs me the wrong way a bit.

It is IASF Worlds, that usually happens along side USASF Worlds. They are always (well for the last 7-8ish years) two completely separate events that just happen to be the same weekend. Technically, IASF Worlds did not occur this May, USASF just chose to offer those divisions so the US teams in those divisions could compete in person. Competing then has no bearing on competing at IASF. Though personally, seems kinda weird to me to compete at this when you already competed. Rubs me the wrong way a bit.

OK so if you win this event are you a world champ (In the USA SF rings and metals sense of the word?)

So let’s say you are re-competing in this event. Are you a 2x time world champion if you win it two times? Is that a thing?

OK so if you win this event are you a world champ (In the USA SF rings and metals sense of the word?)

So let’s say you are re-competing in this event. Are you a 2x time world champion if you win it two times? Is that a thing?
From what I've seen, they are not doing rings. But yes, just like teams who usually win IASF Worlds are world champs. I don't believe there are any teams that won that are competing again though.

Isn't that the purpose of D1 & D2?

I wish Majors had more space available, but not too much! LOL. One downfall to Majors is that is based on last seasons team (not current team or current season) and the invite formula is not shared.

Lol, yes. I'm thinking in terms of the current C-19 situation, and not knowing where vaccine/travel/state mandates are going. IMO, it appears they are trying to open more opportunities across a broad spectrum for teams in case of a worse case scenario.

Right now, Florida employers can require the vaccine, but they can't ask for proof. DeSantis signed a bill recently fining businesses $5000 if they require "vaccine passports," but Biden made it clear he was going to make it hard for "those standing in his way." I truly can not imagine being in business and trying to dance around these politicians right now, but these decisions effect work force and ultimately pricing. Vaccines and pricing will effect attendance, and I'm looking at these additional divisions through C-19 glasses.

Back