OT Most Important Thing About Fierce Board? (For The Future)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Hopefully whoever you are, you have enough contacts within the industry and knowledge of allstar cheer
I am a career gymnastics coach along with my wife. My 3 children are all gymnasts. I do not have extensive knowledge or experience in all-star cheer... but I do have some.

The knowledge... the experience... the connections... it's all right here... it's you guys.

I own...

It was a great resource when my kid's entered AS cheer. Many knowledgeable coaches and parents answered questions on scoring, comps, and skills.

IMO, it would be nice to archive all threads of each season by year. It might be enough to clean the proverbial slate, encourage a new generation of people on the forum, and keep the history so older members can reminisce. As @quitthedrama stated, most of us long timers have formed our own side SM groups to keep up with one another as our kid's retire. Old generations of anything eventually gravitate to the good ol' days, how terrible things are now and why things were better '"back in the day." Best of luck to you, I'd love to see a new generation of coaches and parents excited about AS.

It was a great resource when my kid's entered AS cheer. Many knowledgeable coaches and parents answered questions on scoring, comps, and skills.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Hopefully it can continue to be just that.

IMO, it would be nice to archive all threads of each season by year.

That's an interesting concept... divide things by season. Definitely something to consider.

fyi - I'm getting a lot of pop-up ads that are overlapping posts and won't clear which makes the board difficult to read

fyi - I'm getting a lot of pop-up ads that are overlapping posts and won't clear which makes the board difficult to read
Can you provide a screenshot of the ones that are overlapping posts? This should not happen except for the sticky footer ad which you should be able to close.

As far as ads go... I am not a fan of ads either... however... they are necessary to have the funds to drive the site into the future.

Right now the header ad and some in-content ads are removed for logged in members.

There will be a NO ADS membership for $20/year available soon.

Also... the footer sticky ad should have a close button on it.

Very happy to see the boards being revamped! My suggestion would be to maintain the old rating system. At the very least, shimmies and likes. Thanks for your hard work JBS!
I think we can do that. Let me look into it and see what can be done.

I believe the old system just had the word “likes” renamed into “shimmy”. Would this this be what everyone is looking for? In other words… what do you want the default button to be “shimmy” or “like” and do you want both “shimmy” and “like”?

@King Help me out here… how did you do this?

Last edited:
Here is the current default system with the upgraded site. I could just add another one called “shimmy”. Now is there actually a “shimmy” icon???

2DA8A89F-7407-4567-A279-6A9A870B49D1.jpeg

Last edited:
I think we can do that. Let me look into it and see what can be done.

I believe the old system just had the word “likes” renamed into “shimmie”. Would this this be what everyone is looking for? In other words… what do you want the default button to be “shimmie” or “like” and do you want both “shimmie” and “like”?

@King Help me out here… how did you do this?
We had custom icons back in the day. It was actually a gif of someone prominent in the cheer industry doing a shimmy, and it became our like.

So I would look for a 'plugin' that allows custom emojis you can develop. and then see if we can make one.

We had custom icons back in the day. It was actually a gif of someone prominent in the cheer industry doing a shimmy, and it became our like.

So I would look for a 'plugin' that allows custom emojis you can develop. and then see if we can make one.
Ok… the software will do this now… just need a shimmy icon.

Peanut Butter Dancing GIF

Last edited:
Can you provide a screenshot of the ones that are overlapping posts? This should not happen except for the sticky footer ad which you should be able to close.

As far as ads go... I am not a fan of ads either... however... they are necessary to have the funds to drive the site into the future.

Right now the header ad and some in-content ads are removed for logged in members.

There will be a NO ADS membership for $20/year available soon.

Also... the footer sticky ad should have a close button on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    351.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    230.2 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: JBS
Here is the current default system with the upgraded site. I could just add another one called “shimmy”. Now is there actually a “shimmy” icon???

So what I am seeing is that there used to be...
  • Funny
  • Informative
  • Old
  • Dislike
  • Gossip
  • Fist
  • Shimmy
Let me see if I can find the old icons.

Edit: Here we go... shimmy.gif

Last edited:
Back