All-Star Motivational Speech By Tate Of Nfinity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok, I'm gonna be off topic here BUT there are enough divisions and competitions if you can't hang then go in a different division. Don't petition and raise hell because you lose, work harder. Ok, rant over.
No disagreement here.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

So USASF creates and pushes for a positive and because people have had issues in other areas, anything they do is up for ripping to shreds? I'm sorry but I'm yet to hear one negative about the CURRENT ID program, other than it's slightly time consuming if your an unorganized program. Currently, the ID program has no negatives. Now I agree, perception is reality so doing things as Rudags suggested such as using a 3rd party is a great idea. But if a 3rd party does it does that now make it a good idea? So USASF has an ID program idea and the program is good, just not if run by them? Perfect no, good idea, yes. All I'm saying is give credit where credit is due.

Boo USASF you created a World Championships and you've grown to the point where seating is an issue because it's the ONLY competition that brings in EVERYONE. You created a premier event for our industry because no one could get it right. Your program isn't perfect but your growing our sport, so thank you!

The 3rd party option is the better one IMO.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

I don't see anyone(other than the parents afraid of having their child's info in a computer) having a problem with and probably actually being in favor of Athlete ID if the following things were different-

1) USASF had elected board members, with more coach/gym owner representation.
2) If the Data from this could be used to register for competitions (i.e. number and size of teams)
3) have a built in Waiver that covers the competition releases
4) Being able to set it up within my website, so that I could use it as my tryout registration form (instead of having to have that same info entered separately over and over again)
5) exportable data for our gym.
6) being able to set up and process the "tryout fee" of the $25 USASF cut + whatever the gym would like to charge above that for their portion of the tryout fee.

Here is why-
1) makes it a more trustable entity that we are handing our customers contact information to. (not to be on the anti varsity bandwagon, but if your gym was near a varsity owned premier gym, would you be comfortable giving the USASF with a Varsity majority board all of your customer information? just a perception thing that would need to be addressed)
2-3) makes things easier, no more filling out 5 different releases and tracking down parents who haven't filled them out and no more killing trees with mountains of waivers. No more comp registration forms, or writing down kids names and birthdays. Its all there and done.
4-5) We do this in some form already, so it isn't adding additional work and we have access to the data to export and then import into whatever system we prefer to use.

a combination of
Small Business CRM | CRM Software for Small Businesses | Infusionsoft
Smartwaiver -
digital waivers made easy

Youth Sports ID
would easily accomplish all of this

Boo USASF you created a World Championships and you've grown to the point where seating is an issue because it's the ONLY competition that brings in EVERYONE. You created a premier event for our industry because no one could get it right. Your program isn't perfect but your growing our sport, so thank you!

I agree with your first part of your post. The second one I feel opinionated about. The International Federation of Cheer is in direct competition with the ICU that was created by Varsity. IFC is a non-profit organization which Varsity is not. Varsity does not allow IFC to be known because they want ICU to take over internationally. Threats to rip away titles and team participation have been made for teams who compete in the IFC. The IFC is extremely big in every country (except ours). I think the IFC would have what it takes to make something 'bigger picture' happen. Cheer in the US is pretty big and a lot of us are stuck in our ways because of how conditioned our industry is. While saying free enterprise and choice is what drove the Family Plan to be created may be true - But where is the chance for others to have free enterprise in Choice to create something great now when things like this happen?

I don't see anyone(other than the parents afraid of having their child's info in a computer) having a problem with and probably actually being in favor of Athlete ID if the following things were different-

1) USASF had elected board members, with more coach/gym owner representation.
2) If the Data from this could be used to register for competitions (i.e. number and size of teams)
3) have a built in Waiver that covers the competition releases
4) Being able to set it up within my website, so that I could use it as my tryout registration form (instead of having to have that same info entered separately over and over again)
5) exportable data for our gym.
6) being able to set up and process the "tryout fee" of the $25 USASF cut + whatever the gym would like to charge above that for their portion of the tryout fee.

a combination of
Small Business CRM | CRM Software for Small Businesses | Infusionsoft
Smartwaiver -
digital waivers made easy

Youth Sports ID
would easily accomplish all of this
I agree that the items you describe in bullets 2 -6 would be an IDEAL Athlete Identification interface. (#1 doesn't seem as directly related to the actual Athlete ID initiative, but I get it that you want change). But speaking as the first guy that tried to rope in just the Varsity Brands on to one registration system and a universal 'No Release Form' policy, I can tell you that the hurdles associated with your wish list would easily take at least 2 to 3 more years to implement seamlessly. When I think back to the challenges Varsity faced in getting BRANDS THAT WE OWNED to conform to a universal method of registering, of paperwork, of tracing etc, it exhausts me.
Can Athlete ID wait that long ? This topic has been harped on as the most important by our members for several years now and I assume baby steps are a safer solution right now.

I agree with your first part of your post. The second one I feel opinionated about. The International Federation of Cheer is in direct competition with the ICU that was created by Varsity. IFC is a non-profit organization which Varsity is not. Varsity does not allow IFC to be known because they want ICU to take over internationally. Threats to rip away titles and team participation have been made for teams who compete in the IFC. The IFC is extremely big in every country (except ours). I think the IFC would have what it takes to make something 'bigger picture' happen. Cheer in the US is pretty big and a lot of us are stuck in our ways because of how conditioned our industry is. While saying free enterprise and choice is what drove the Family Plan to be created may be true - But where is the chance for others to have free enterprise in Choice to create something great now when things like this happen?
I'm ONLY referring to USASF all-star Worlds. I'm in the minority but I feel once you graduate high school you should cheer for a college, anything other than that should be strictly recreational or for a professional team. I know NOTHING about ICU, IFC so for me to comment wouldn't be right.

I agree that the items you describe in bullets 2 -6 would be an IDEAL Athlete Identification interface. (#1 doesn't seem as directly related to the actual Athlete ID initiative, but I get it that you want change). But speaking as the first guy that tried to rope in just the Varsity Brands on to one registration system and a universal 'No Release Form' policy, I can tell you that the hurdles associated with your wish list would easily take at least 2 to 3 more years to implement seamlessly. When I think back to the challenges Varsity faced in getting BRANDS THAT WE OWNED to conform to a universal method of registering, of paperwork, of tracing etc, it exhausts me.
Can Athlete ID wait that long ? This topic has been harped on as the most important by our members for several years now and I assume baby steps are a safer solution right now.

but as long as the USASF has the power to just do what it wants when it wants...

2-6 would make it where I as a gym owner, assuming it was actually functional before tryout time, would be thankful for the simplification. The Stats and cheating prevention would just be an added bonus.

Being able to take what I'm already doing and apply that same information to the rest of it would be wonderful.

As an EP what would be the cons of 2 and 3 (4-6 don't apply to EPs)? Its got to simplify the paper work on your end too, enough so that your operation costs would go down, which could perhaps dare I say lead to lower prices while maintaining the same profits. You would know how many and what kinds of teams with how many kids from each gym and that they all have signed waivers and that every kid was on a legal team giving you everything you need to know to charge the correct amount and make a schedule. Is there other information that you really need for registration? Is there a drawback that I'm not noticing?

You could probably also use this information to add a new competition to an underserved area and make even more money.

and the baby step at this time in particular is not a good idea

Tabling Athlete ID while number 1 gets addressed,
would give the time to get 2-6 implemented and put in place and released out by January of 2014 in a limited voluntary trial run to make sure all the bugs are worked out with a mandatory move by tryouts of 2015

and I would think that for the $2.5 million that it would bring in a year that it would be worth doing right

but as long as the USASF has the power to just do what it wants when it wants...

2-6 would make it where I as a gym owner, assuming it was actually functional before tryout time, would be thankful for the simplification. The Stats and cheating prevention would just be an added bonus.

Being able to take what I'm already doing and apply that same information to the rest of it would be wonderful.

As an EP what would be the cons of 2 and 3 (4-6 don't apply to EPs)? Its got to simplify the paper work on your end too, enough so that your operation costs would go down, which could perhaps dare I say lead to lower prices while maintaining the same profits. You would know how many and what kinds of teams with how many kids from each gym and that they all have signed waivers and that every kid was on a legal team giving you everything you need to know to charge the correct amount and make a schedule. Is there other information that you really need for registration? Is there a drawback that I'm not noticing?

You could probably also use this information to add a new competition to an underserved area and make even more money.

and the baby step at this time in particular is not a good idea
I bolded the first line as I'm unsure as to what that comment was in reference to or what in my post sparked it. I'm not at all questioning your points. I'm just asking where the priorities fall for you as a Coach/Gym Owner.

And there is no argument when it comes to the benefits of points 2-6. That would be a dream come true for everyone and would mean a much more efficient all star world. The point I was making is that level of coordination needed between USASF Member Event Producers operations systems and centralizing their efforts into one system would be a huge undertaking (based on my arguably simpler task of recently trying to do the same thing for just the Varsity Brands) and would likely take several years.

Since your point was that you would only be in support of Athlete ID if bullets 1-6 were met, my question was: if your vision can't be done in just 12 or 24 months, which is more important to you? Is it:
- releasing a comprehensive Athlete ID system (that meets bullets 1-6) in 2017
or
- releasing a simplified Athlete ID system (that includes none of the bells and whistles, but continues to be updated) in 2013?

I bolded the first line as I'm unsure as to what that comment was in reference to or what in my post sparked it. I'm not at all questioning your points. I'm just asking where the priorities fall for you as a Coach/Gym Owner.

And there is no argument when it comes to the benefits of points 2-6. That would be a dream come true for everyone and would mean a much more efficient all star world. The point I was making is that level of coordination needed between USASF Member Event Producers operations systems and centralizing their efforts into one system would be a huge undertaking (based on my arguably simpler task of recently trying to do the same thing for just the Varsity Brands) and would likely take several years.

Since your point was that you would only be in support of Athlete ID if bullets 1-6 were met, my question was: if your vision can't be done in just 12 or 24 months, which is more important to you? Is it:
or
- releasing a simplified Athlete ID system (that includes none of the bells and whistles, but continues to be updated) in 2013?

personally, wait til 2017- (you can send out a census to get basic stats to work with, and cheating would still happen without enforceable consequences and some sort of non profit policing entity)
It gives the USASF time to address its image within the industry, time to get it right, time to put out a product that people would want to do rather than feeling forced to do. I feel an Athlete ID that met 1-6 would be welcomed rather than resisted.

The bolded statement- The USASF with the rule/age changes in March, with Image initiatives, and the Athlete ID has shown that they can do what they want when they want. Yes, I'm sure there are coaches and owners in favor of all of it and that have asked for these changes, but there was no vote and it was in the middle of a rules cycle and directly affects our businesses.

The bolded statement- The USASF with the rule/age changes in March, with Image initiatives, and the Athlete ID has shown that they can do what they want when they want. Yes, I'm sure there are coaches and owners in favor of all of it and that have asked for these changes, but there was no vote and it was in the middle of a rules cycle and directly affects our businesses.
Gotcha, I understand that is your sentiment (and the sentiment of others). I just didn't understand how it fit into this particular discussion/dialogue. I get it now.

or

would you "drive" a car that has no steering or brakes? or continue to ride a bike and wait a few years to get steering and breaks for your car?

would you "drive" a car that has no steering or brakes? or continue to ride a bike and wait a few years to get steering and breaks for your car?
Well, I wouldn't buy any car that would kill me. But if the car gave me the resources I needed to verify, without a shadow of a doubt, that certain athletes illegally participated at NCA All-Star Nationals last year, allowing me to penalize the appropriate programs, I would buy that car and only drive it to and from work.

Gotcha, I understand that is your sentiment (and the sentiment of others). I just didn't understand how it fit into this particular discussion/dialogue. I get it now.

got side tracked,
correct me if I'm wrong, the issues that probably hindered the varsity progress, were probably more related to getting everyone to agree, concede, change from what they've always done, our way is the best way type problems rather than the actual registration process itself, right?

The USASF could use their power to do it right (meeting 1-6) and just say thats the way it is. (fixing number 1, allows that mandate to be more readily accepted)
which should cut down on the time of creating and then implementing the system itself. Because they have the power to just do it rather than having to deal with the above issues

got side tracked,
correct me if I'm wrong, the issues that probably hindered the varsity progress, were probably more related to getting everyone to agree, concede, change from what they've always done, our way is the best way type problems rather than the actual registration process itself, right?

The USASF could use their power to do it right (meeting 1-6) and just say thats the way it is. (fixing number 1, allows that mandate to be more readily accepted)
which should cut down on the time of creating and then implementing the system itself. Because they have the power to just do it rather than having to deal with the above issues
It's more than that. Registration is tied to financials and financials are tied to old systems and varying softwares that this new software needs to speak with. Also, Universal Release Forms need to have literature that can be agreed up on by all parties--and that's never happened as far as I know. There is just A LOT. The testing phase before launching alone could take an entire season.

Latest posts

Back