All-Star Motivational Speech By Tate Of Nfinity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well, I wouldn't buy any car that would kill me. But if the car gave me the resources I needed to verify, without a shadow of a doubt, that certain athletes illegally participated at NCA All-Star Nationals last year, allowing me to penalize the appropriate programs, I would buy that car and only drive it to and from work.

would athlete ID as it currently exists meet the without a shadow of a doubt criteria? If I were a big crossover user, would a photo ID tell you if my twins were each on the floor twice, 3 times, 1 time or 4 times? What about just 2 blondes that look kind of a like with a quick glance of some college kid at warm ups? You already ask for Birthdates in your own registrations, how would this be any different? Being for profit would you let someone who consistently bring 500 kids to your comps slide? How would you enforce it? Would the EPs have to do it? Would the USASF do it? What does it truly accomplish other than centralizing the same information that is already given to each ep?

It's more than that. Registration is tied to financials and financials are tied to old systems and varying softwares that this new software needs to speak with. Also, Universal Release Forms need to have literature that can be agreed up on by all parties--and that's never happened as far as I know. There is just A LOT. The testing phase before launching alone could take an entire season.
I agree that there should be a testing phase of at least a season.

Financials would be simplified- you as an EP would get all the info you need
How many and what kinds of Teams
How Many total kids
How many crossovers
Is there other information that you need?
That could be as simple as the athlete id system sending you an email with the gym's contact info and the numbers and then you email the gym owner with payment info.
How you accept payment is up to you.

Release language is complicated, We could work on a release language that works for everyone. or there could be a USASF Release that covers member EPs/Sanctioned Events. I'm sure a good lawyer could be paid a portion of that $2.5 million of the first year to come up with a release that adequately covers everyone involved.

ASCheerMan
What if the USASF came out and said to the EPs that you have to agree to this in order to be a USASF Sanctioned Event and have the ability to give out worlds bids and to get listed in our database that gym owners are using to create their schedules? Would that speed up the whole agreement process?

would athlete ID as it currently exists meet the without a shadow of a doubt criteria? If I were a big crossover user, would a photo ID tell you if my twins were each on the floor twice, 3 times, 1 time or 4 times? What about just 2 blondes that look kind of a like with a quick glance of some college kid at warm ups? You already ask for Birthdates in your own registrations, how would this be any different? Being for profit would you let someone who consistently bring 500 kids to your comps slide? How would you enforce it? Would the EPs have to do it? Would the USASF do it? What does it truly accomplish other than centralizing the same information that is already given to each ep?
Wow, you just threw a lot at me. I don't have all the answers, except to say that, if I could prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, I wouldn't let ANYONE slide for cheating. Our company may be 'for profit,' but the long term respect and customer loyalty an EP would gain for doing the right thing far outweights the short term profit loss associated with losing a cheating customer...
I'm not going to go into great detail about the situation, but had Athlete ID been up and running last season, I could have disqualified a team that deserved to be disqualified.
Once that data lives in the system, it's consistent. This would keep an aged out athlete from coming back the following year and submitting a falsified birth certificate. We'd have her DOB on file from the year prior which would show us she is now ineligible. As it stands, I have to refer to the info supplied to me at an event this year to prove their eligiblity.

I agree that there should be a testing phase of at least a season.

Financials would be simplified- you as an EP would get all the info you need
How many and what kinds of Teams
How Many total kids
How many crossovers
Is there other information that you need?
That could be as simple as the athlete id system sending you an email with the gym's contact info and the numbers and then you email the gym owner with payment info.
How you accept payment is up to you.

Release language is complicated, We could work on a release language that works for everyone. or there could be a USASF Release that covers member EPs/Sanctioned Events. I'm sure a good lawyer could be paid a portion of that $2.5 million of the first year to come up with a release that adequately covers everyone involved.
Again, I applaud you for cracking the case and simplifying the hurdles. It's just not that easy.
Also, we've gone down the system 'sends an email and then each brand collects payment route' but that makes it not truly centralized and upsets the customer who thought they could conveniently register in one place, but ultimately - they still have to deal with 8 different offices.

Again, I applaud you for cracking the case and simplifying the hurdles. It's just not that easy.
Also, we've gone down the system 'sends an email and then each brand collects payment route' but that makes it not truly centralized and upsets the customer who thought they could conveniently register in one place, but ultimately - they still have to deal with 8 different offices.

register in one place, but pay 8 different times/places would be absolutely fine. you could even send out reminder emails as early, on time, etc deadlines approach.
I doubt I'm alone on this, but its not like I'm ready to pay at the time I set my schedule, nor am I ready to pay for all of it at once. Its really just sending out an Invoice for each competition and then the owner would pay each invoice. We already do that anyway.

if you wanted to go the more centralized route- within infusionsoft you could set up each EP as basically a sales person, We could pay the USASF for the competitions and then they could send you a check.

or the USASF could use some of that 2.5 millions a year to hire a staff to be that one office as a go between.

I personally would prefer the first option, I like that semi personal relationship with the brand owner/rep where you feel like you can contact them with a question or request

Wow, you just threw a lot at me. I don't have all the answers, except to say that, if I could prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, I wouldn't let ANYONE slide for cheating. Our company may be 'for profit,' but the long term respect and customer loyalty an EP would gain for doing the right thing far outweights the short term profit loss associated with losing a cheating customer...
I'm not going to go into great detail about the situation, but had Athlete ID been up and running last season, I could have disqualified a team that deserved to be disqualified.
Once that data lives in the system, it's consistent. This would keep an aged out athlete from coming back the following year and submitting a falsified birth certificate. We'd have her DOB on file from the year prior which would show us she is now ineligible. As it stands, I have to refer to the info supplied to me at an event this year to prove their eligiblity.

with Athlete ID as it currently is, What is to stop that aged out athlete as falsifying the Birth Certificate with a new name too?

It's more than that. Registration is tied to financials and financials are tied to old systems and varying softwares that this new software needs to speak with. Also, Universal Release Forms need to have literature that can be agreed up on by all parties--and that's never happened as far as I know. There is just A LOT. The testing phase before launching alone could take an entire season.

with this and the release language- Would Varsity's being able to not have release's work for all USASF member EP's?

CGAcheer I think all of your points are valid but the thing I think you and most (including myself) aren't taking into account is that we are asking all of this to be done FOR FREE! There is so much more that goes into all of this than I think MOST of us realize. I think things will get there, there has to be a start, I support until I've been proven otherwise (in regards to the ID)

CGAcheer I think all of your points are valid but the thing I think you and most (including myself) aren't taking into account is that we are asking all of this to be done FOR FREE! There is so much more that goes into all of this than I think MOST of us realize. I think things will get there, there has to be a start, I support until I've been proven otherwise (in regards to the ID)

If it meets the points 1-6 of my earlier post then it is well worth the $25 fee and could potentially lead to cheaper comp fees and an overall less costly experience for our customers.

This would bring in $2.5+ million a year, I think they could afford to do it right

If it meets the points 1-6 of my earlier post then it is well worth the $25 fee and could potentially lead to cheaper comp fees and an overall less costly experience for our customers.

This would bring in $2.5+ million a year, I think they could afford to do it right
But as of now, it is what it is and it's free and it's offering positives and there is push back. Asking people for a mandatory $25 fee regardless of the positives will get push back. I hear you, I really do. But it has to have a start, this is a start.

But as of now, it is what it is and it's free and it's offering positives and there is push back. Asking people for a mandatory $25 fee regardless of the positives will get push back. I hear you, I really do. But it has to have a start, this is a start.

That is the current plan for next year, no improvement plus the mandatory 25? Fee

Why not wait til you have a system that is useful that will make everyone's lives easier and then push that with the fee

Right now its just additional work with no real benefit

Cheaters will still find a way to cheat either way

That is the current plan for next year, no improvement plus the mandatory 25? Fee

Why not wait til you have a system that is useful that will make everyone's lives easier and then push that with the fee

Right now its just additional work with no real benefit

Cheaters will still find a way to cheat either way
Current system is free to get started. In order to continue more money is required. If you wait until it's perfect we will be waiting forever.
Now as far as cheaters, no way to stop em all but this will assist in deterring.

Current system is free to get started. In order to continue more money is required. If you wait until it's perfect we will be waiting forever.
Now as far as cheaters, no way to stop em all but this will assist in deterring.
Not wait til it's perfect wait til it's useful right now it's a pointless addition of work. Why not wait til it's easy and useful

Latest posts

Back