All-Star Multiple Arrests For Local Gym Owner!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think there's anything you (specifically you) can do. If the parents truly feel this is the wrong environment for their kids then they will be the ones that need to fight for the release.

In the meantime, my own kids just wouldn't be at the gym, competition release or not. They could tumble and work out as an alternate elsewhere until I got the release or the season started over. Whichever came first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what level the kids are currently competing at but a release is only needed if those kids leaving would be competing at Worlds for a different program.

**Come on, where's Ashton because I think we're being punk'd**

Was a valid reason given for denying so many athletes the release?

And @Cheer Dad is correct. Only L5 competing Worlds athletes need a release.

1. I understand the concern for your friends, but if you don't have a child at the gym I don't understand how this is specifically a concern of yours and not just an attempt at

2. Putting someone's information on blast for some reason. It is always important to look at the intent of posts like this. A relatively vague post for advice is entirely different than you posting a link to someone's mugshot and then personally saying that you don't think they look remorseful. So it just seems like you just want to embarrass someone....I also don't even know who we're looking for. None of them "look" like gym owners let alone job owners in general

I'm always weary when a random poster pops up with these type of threads

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything you (specifically you) can do. If the parents truly feel this is the wrong environment for their kids then they will be the ones that need to fight for the release.

In the meantime, my own kids just wouldn't be at the gym, competition release or not. They could tumble and work out as an alternate elsewhere until I got the release or the season started over. Whichever came first.

This. If the parents are concerned enough they can make their case to USASF, but I don't think it's appropriate to come on here and blast mugshots. I don't even know what gym/gym owner you're referring to, but if the parents care that much a release wouldn't be stopping them. And, since only L5 needs releases that would be a handful of kids who need nothing to walk out the door for good.

that link just links to a bunch of random arrests mug shots and no one in particular. arrests dont mean convictions. what was he/she even arrested for?

that link just links to a bunch of random arrests mug shots and no one in particular. arrests dont mean convictions. what was he/she even arrested for?[/QUO

Multiple dui and assault as well. I get that people make mistakes and have a bad night etc however to have so many and to be a gym owner inappropriate. I see it as if your childs' school teacher had these arrests they would probably no longer be able to work in the school system however there is no one policing this for these kids.[/QUOTE]

Well....if they have so many, then surely that was public record before? So the parents knew of this persons history going in correct?

I'm with @HeresAThought and that was my first instinct too. It sounds less like a dilemma and more of a veiled attempt to put this guy on blast.

that link just links to a bunch of random arrests mug shots and no one in particular. arrests dont mean convictions. what was he/she even arrested for?

A year or two ago my county stopped posting mug shot with arrest information because arrest don't mean convictions and people were doing things like this....and also websites were taking the pictures and then charging people hundreds to "erase" the mug shot from the Internet

The post was removed because everyone is up in arms about putting someone on blast. However if you are a gym owner, coach, and "renowned" choreographer that receives multiple arrests and charges within the current season then you kinda deserve to be on blast! Just my opinion but it is removed!

The post was removed because everyone is up in arms about putting someone on blast. However if you are a gym owner, coach, and "renowned" choreographer that receives multiple arrests and charges within the current season then you kinda deserve to be on blast! Just my opinion but it is removed!

Nobody asked you to remove the post. I left it because I think it's a valid topic (in general, no feelings on this particular gym owner specifically) that will spark conversation, and maybe solutions for those involved. I removed the live link because I thought it was a little much.

To be honest, if you truly wanted to put this person on blast you could have listed the name, offense, and gym off the bat. Since you didn't do that...well.

All I'm saying is if CP was at a gym with this going on, a waiver isn't going to stop the door from hitting me in the a** on the way out in the same way that those parents, who you say are up in arms, should feel.

No "up in arms" happening here. Typically, just starting the post with the question is enough to get people talking. All of us here care very much and are very aware that there are coaches and gym owners that should not be working with children out there. We aren't just shrugging it off.

But...your intentions just did not seem quite so pure with the inclusion of the link. It wasn't a necessary fact that needed to be included to create the post and ask the question you asked.

Its absolutely ok to want people to be aware of someone you feel is harmful to children. But it's also ok to be up front about it. Just make sure you have the facts to support what you have to say. If you think it's bad enough and important enough to call them out then do it and don't be ashamed--just make sure to have concrete facts and evidence to back up those claims. Otherwise it's just gossip and innuendo and we can't be polishing our pitchforks over unsubstantiated rumors.

Back