High School Nca Open Nationals In Kentucky

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 11, 2013
Im thinking of having my squad do this next year, we compete at our state competitions and do fairly well, is there anyone out there that goes to this and could give me insight about the competition....

Im thinking of having my squad do this next year, we compete at our state competitions and do fairly well, is there anyone out there that goes to this and could give me insight about the competition....

I have taken my HS team 2 times - should have been 3 but Ice/Snow in KY = ARMAGEDDON! They actually moved it this year from Louisville to Missouri (St. Louis, I believe).

When it was in Louisville it was a 1-day, 2 performances competition. That was the only downside to the whole competition IMO (but being able to sleep in my own bed & not a hotel was nice!).

Personal opinion is that it doesn't give that real "nationals" feel. While they call it open nationals, its not the same feel and grandeur that you're going to get from NCA or UCA nationals. I'm sure its just all in personal perception though. If you make it a big special deal and the kids are fairly new, they'll still enjoy it. If they're used to the others, they may end up disappointed.

Back