All-Star Nca Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love good sportsmanship! I encourage and expect it with my CP's! With that said, from what I see, it is socially acceptable for predominantly male dominated sports to smack talk, boo for the rival team, etc.

In high school for a senior prank they filled a rival HS court yard full of chickens.

Last edited:
The Medium Senior group chat has been around since Majors 2016. It is full of love. They have been friends for over a year=)

Yeah, my CP, in Med S5, was telling me about the group chat that she's in with other Med 5 athletes. Good to hear. Once they hit the floor, all athletes should respect everyone but fear no one but off the floor, they should enjoy the time while they can. She ran into so many friends from other gyms while at NCA. It was a great experience.

You're def in a bubble :)
High school football is crazy with smack talk on social media ..especially rivalry schools

EXACTLY. thank you. definitely in a bubble.

I'll continue to live on in my bubble called Sweden then, here we're civil and appreciate a good opponent. Sure there are times where you boo another team if they're doing something unsportsmanlike or anything of that sort and games get heated, some lesser nice words might get exchanged on the field. But if someone actually wrote something about another team I don't think it would go down well with anyone. I'd expect serious backlash and consequence, possibly termination of their contract depending of the severity. Like what if said player were to switch to the rival team???

If any of my athletes or teammates put smack on social media I'd have a serious conversation with them. Our organisation definitely don't need the bad reputation that would bring. One bad word from a single person hurts an entire brand. It's crazy how wildly spread and accepted it seems over there.

I know even fan clubs over here have gotten in trouble with their affiliated club for making bad statements. No one wants a tarnished brand.

Okay, hold up... @Belinda specifically mentioned coaches/managers etc.

There are bound to be athletes out there who do it, but coaches too? Really?

Actually her post said Athletes also....

"Maybe I'm in a bubble, but I'm into a LOT of different sports, and never have I ever seen athletes or coaches/managers/owners talk bad about another team or player on social media, other that in cheer"

Actually her post said Athletes also....

"Maybe I'm in a bubble, but I'm into a LOT of different sports, and never have I ever seen athletes or coaches/managers/owners talk bad about another team or player on social media, other that in cheer"
Right, I understand... but I also mentioned it's not surprising for athletes to do it. My emphasis was more on the coaches part because athletes doing it doesn't quite surprise me.

It doesn't matter what sport it is, it really is very abnormal behaviour for a coach to behave this way (at least for the rest of the world).

Right, I understand... but I also mentioned it's not surprising for athletes to do it. My emphasis was more on the coaches part because athletes doing it doesn't quite surprise me.

It doesn't matter what sport it is, it really is very abnormal behaviour for a coach to behave this way (at least for the rest of the world).

Yes, agree it's not acceptable.

I may be in the minority, but I actually think Aces and their coaches have been paying attention to the division the past few years. I think they look leaps ahead of where they've been in the past. Definitely not excusing the banter, but coming on here and picking the team apart makes you no better than those kids.

By the way saying BE MORE and BE THE CHANGE It is not a matter of understanding that everyone does not think the same. Many people take the simpler route of being negative... sad for them. I. No you can't stop people from expressing themselves but you can make the change for yourself and be the model of how things should be and call people out when they are just trash talking and not take excuse it as herd mentality. Your point earlier was people should not be complaining about the trash talking and I'm sorry I disagree... we should be calling them out ... make the stand and work to make such behavior not okay as a community of this sport

Trash talk is the nature of sports, sometimes it can be healthy. I remember years of HS games and being fueled to beat the team that talked smack on Twitter the night before. I remember taking a loss with grace, and being taught not to participate in any of the noise on social media.

No one like to lose. No one likes to feel like they're hard work means nothing. But being rude will not change anything. Our sport is a subjective sport. We get up compete and hope for the best. We should be raising our athletes to be accountable and take a loss and move on and get stronger.

Back