Needle Help.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 17, 2013
Well, I've been stretching for a while to get my needle. I don't cheer anymore, but with the boredom of summer and classes over I wanted a new goal. Anyways, I have it to where when I go into my scorpion, move down my leg and pull up, my leg is straight. However, it looks really awkward because my leg is kind of far away from my back, and my arms stretch quite a bit back to reach my leg. I'm sure you've seen this before , and I've been told its ugly. Any tips to get my leg closer into my back? Thank you :)

For needles, you will need to work back and leg flexibility as well as balance. For back: Backbends, backbends in and out of olympian position, cobra pose with someone pulling your arms back, and chin stands. For legs: oversplits (try grabbing your back foot), wall splits, straddle stretches, etc. First, stand against a table and take a bandana around your foot then start pulling it up keeping your leg straight. Then start to nix the table and bandana. Once you get it good on the ground, try it on a stunt stand, or even a brick. For more stretches, look up Gabi Butler stretches on youtube. Hope this helped!

Back