New Cheer Mom Here!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm a Tiny coach. It is definitely one of the best things you can do for your child. They learn so much, the changes we see them go through in a year are absolutely incredible. It's so much more than cheering, it's confidence, sharing, taking turns, listening, and paying attention. There are only three reasons your child should not do cheerleading:
1. They have separation issues. We had this happen once. Every time we went to go to warmups this kid would have a panic attack cause she had to leave her mom. She never competed.
2. Your child cries at ever little thing. If your child gets hysterical over not getting her way or over every little scrape, this is not the sport for her. Bumps happen, and you can't always be the flier.
3. Your child has an extreme fear of loud noises or being in crowds. Both of these are minor problems, the first can usually be solved by wearing ear plugs.

I'm a Tiny coach. It is definitely one of the best things you can do for your child. They learn so much, the changes we see them go through in a year are absolutely incredible. It's so much more than cheering, it's confidence, sharing, taking turns, listening, and paying attention. There are only three reasons your child should not do cheerleading:
1. They have separation issues. We had this happen once. Every time we went to go to warmups this kid would have a panic attack cause she had to leave her mom. She never competed.
2. Your child cries at ever little thing. If your child gets hysterical over not getting her way or over every little scrape, this is not the sport for her. Bumps happen, and you can't always be the flier.
3. Your child has an extreme fear of loud noises or being in crowds. Both of these are minor problems, the first can usually be solved by wearing ear plugs.
My child is a HAM! if you have a camera around she will want you to take a picture of her, she loves it! As far as falling and crying we're just getting her out of this, considering she's an only child she loves being catered to, and she's my baby so of course i'll do anything, but my husband is from NYC and hes mister "tough guy" he's always like "you have to stop, shes never going to make in the real world" haha. Also she just started Pre-K about a month ago, 1st few days was hard because shes always with us, but now shes used to it

Back