All-Star New Gym Acquisitions 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just saw CEA is opening a new gym in Apex, NC..does anybody know if they bought out a program, or if it's just a completely new gym? Looks like it will be ran by Kelly.

353183f92e8924a1085963532d6e22f4.jpg

Just saw CEA is opening a new gym in Apex, NC..does anybody know if they bought out a program, or if it's just a completely new gym? Looks like it will be ran by Kelly.
Using your post as a jumping off point... Who actually owns CEA? Everyone talks about CSP and Kelly but how does it actually work? I'm just curious.

Using your post as a jumping off point... Who actually owns CEA? Everyone talks about CSP and Kelly but how does it actually work? I'm just curious.
Courtney opened the gym with help from her parents and Kelly. Kelly was young when it started, so she actually cheered for Courtney for a little bit before college. So fast forward to now...Courtney owns most of the gyms. They might be ran by other coaches, but they're owned by her. Kelly owns Raleigh and Apex...but not sure what other gyms she may own/operate.
There's a really good video on JTV's channel where Betsy (their mother) kind of shows JT how it all began, and then it shows old clips and stuff. Worth Watching!

It looks like they bought out a gym and its a satellite for Raleigh?
that's how the post made it seem..that many athletes had to travel to get to the Raleigh gym because they lived on the other side of the city, so I guess it makes sense to use this gym as a tumble/class gym..will be interesting to see if current Raleigh athletes leave for Apex because of it's location..wonder what kind of turn out they will have.

Courtney opened the gym with help from her parents and Kelly. Kelly was young when it started, so she actually cheered for Courtney for a little bit before college. So fast forward to now...Courtney owns most of the gyms. They might be ran by other coaches, but they're owned by her. Kelly owns Raleigh and Apex...but not sure what other gyms she may own/operate.
There's a really good video on JTV's channel where Betsy (their mother) kind of shows JT how it all began, and then it shows old clips and stuff. Worth Watching!

Thanks for the info! I will have to give it a watch!

Except unfortunately some it's not true. Not really sure why a specific detail given was flat out inaccurate from her mother's mouth. I was kinda surprised by that bc I totally love her mother, but I was surprised. Especially bc it's not something that was a big deal IMO.

I'm curious as to how CEA plans to stay more local at competitions, because at the rate they're going, they'll only have themselves to compete against!
With local competitions, usually only one gym (or two/threeish) will attend. So you're looking at a pretty normal number of teams from CEA at a local (Unless Kville goes, obviously). Usually only big nationals are gym-wide. It's pretty much always been like this.

ETA: off topic, but I'm also curious as to what Betsy said that was false. Just wondering! :)

Back