All-Star New Gyms, Gym Closings, And Acquisitions For 19-20 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Galaxy Cheer is the only one in Illinois closing and most of those athletes are going to Allstar Athletics. No one else in Illinois is closing

This is incorrect, I am choosing not to name the gym as I don't think it is fair for me to announce it, but the parents at this gym are aware unless something has since changed.

What gyms are in Fresno? Just Power?
Clovis United, Cheerforce Central Valley, POWER (only the Clovis location. Fresno location split off into Pyramid Athletics). I don't see United, CF, or POWER Clovis closing.
I do know that POWER closed its Modesto gym a few years back... but I can't really see the Sac location closing anytime soon as that's always been their premier gym. They have a "Gym Closing" discount up on their website so maybe John knows something we dont?

Last edited:
I forgot about that! I knew that PCM has/had a location in Mexico, so American gyms in other countries was already a thing. I'm just surprised nobody has tried to expand up here, especially in the cities close to the U.S. border.
I’ll take a CEA in the Waterloo region in Ontario

Clovis United, Cheerforce Central Valley, POWER (only the Clovis location. Fresno location split off into Pyramid Athletics). I don't see United, CF, or POWER Clovis closing.
I do know that POWER closed its Modesto gym a few years back... but I can't really see the Sac location closing anytime soon as that's always been their premier gym. They have a "Gym Closing" discount up on their website so maybe John knows something we dont?

Clovis United is still around? Wow that's honestly shocking to me.

I’ll take a CEA in the Waterloo region in Ontario

No way CEA would open a gym within 30 minutes of Cheer Sport Sharks - but I can't say I'd hate it if it happened :D

Realistically Ontario (and Quebec) are already saturated with gyms, I can't see any American gym opening in either province. Unless they want to go to Thunder Bay or the Oshawa/Bowmanville area good luck over here!

Yes! They're sending 5 teams to Summit this year I believe? Numbers are consistently 125-150 year to year.
It's where I cheered back in the day, and it has been very interesting seeing the gym landscape in Fresno change over the years with United open.

I could've sworn United had much smaller numbers back in the day, like 2-3 teams tops, but then again I didn't really hear much of the program; you mostly heard of Fusion (now Power). Really happy they're still around and staying in business.

As someone in a creative field, I can tell you this: business and creativity do NOT always go hand-in-hand. I'm sure there are a TON of coaches/owners who do this with all the love and best intentions, and might also be fantastically creative in various ways, but there are a LOT of factors that go into a successful business and far too many of them are often ignored.

Not to mention in this particular business, the sheer COST of doing business seems to skyrocket every year. While that's true in general, I can't imagine how some people keep things afloat.

No way CEA would open a gym within 30 minutes of Cheer Sport Sharks - but I can't say I'd hate it if it happened :D

Realistically Ontario (and Quebec) are already saturated with gyms, I can't see any American gym opening in either province. Unless they want to go to Thunder Bay or the Oshawa/Bowmanville area good luck over here!

haha nope would never happen! but one can dream... Cheer in Ontario, Quebec, and now B.C have grown massively since I started cheering, just need to grow in the prairies and maritimes!

Back