All-Star New Nca Rule. No Sandbagging!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Completely off topic, but if you want to talk about "can't drive" ---- we may get snow tomorrow in Georgia, it gets really interesting when those of us who typically only see snow once every other year or so have to drive in it. ("interesting" being a kinder word than a more accurate description ;))

Completely off topic, but if you want to talk about "can't drive" ---- we may get snow tomorrow in Georgia, it gets really interesting when those of us who typically only see snow once every other year or so have to drive in it. ("interesting" being a kinder word than a more accurate description ;))

the bread and milk are gone at the store already

Just moved to Georgia 3 months ago and when I went to the store tonight for coffee creamer I laughed hearing people talk about the possibility of snow. Where I am from snow is a normal occurance so the fact that people were worrying just made me giggle.

Well, I am one of the aforementioned New Englanders, and I will mention one little tidbit you excluded from your concept- most New England teams who aren't playing the level game smartly, don't attend NCA in the first place! I can count on one hand the number of teams who travel to NCA from CT(and they all stayed in their level although some went small gym), and many of the local gyms I know don't travel farther than Myrtle Beach. There are plenty of decent nationals to be found along the season without having to travel all the way down to Texas. I feel like you should be playing the pick-your-levels game with smarts..

You are exactly right. When I was in NC and working for a small cheerleading company I know I counted at least 65 cheer programs - rec and All Star in that state a few years ago. Out of those gyms I am sure that no more than 10 programs total (probably closer to 5) attended NCA in any one calendar year or would even consider going. And that would be a stretch to say 10. So that means up to 50 gyms that don't really care what rules they put in place because it wouldn't affect them directly. Out of the gyms that would go or might consider going the chances of them dropping levels would be slim to none. They would not go before they dropped levels.

Again, read my follow up clarification. This thread isn't about New England gyms and attending NCA Nationals. The region was an example. Next time, I will only use 'Outer Space' as the region example - mainly because I'd like to see if aliens write me with their follow up points.

Again, read my follow up clarification. This thread isn't about New England gyms and attending NCA Nationals. The region was an example. Next time, I will only use 'Outer Space' as the region example - mainly because I'd like to see if aliens write me with their follow up points.

I understand it was only an example that you were making. Sorry if I did not make that clear. My point was while I agree with your new policy, it does not affect the gyms that do not attend NCA. I would love to see all the EP's eventually move to something like that, or USASF for that matter but to paraphrase what you said what one gym may consider to be sandbagging is another gym's legitimate reason to drop levels. The fact that you created a policy is a great thing.

Due to the crossover rule for NCA I think this new rule will eliminate some smaller gyms from attending since all crossovers must be at the same level.....love the new rule though.
I wish all competitions had the crossover rule. It is ridiculous to have a level 5 cheerleader compete on a level 2 team. Our old gym is notorious for this. They could never compete in Dallas due to all of the crossovers they have. This is why people respect those competitions!!

Back