All-Star New Nca Rule. No Sandbagging!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I LOVE this, finally true competition at all levels across the board. BUT, Im sure, like ryann3794 said, gyms/owners will work around it. :mad:

I could see a team going to a small local competition and just competing in a lower level so once they get to NCA they'll be able to drop. Or for their first competition dropping a level.

That does mean however that every coach will have to explain to their parents twice why they are dropping down (or in the case of doing an extra competition paying for that 'qualification' competition). As well it more, to your peers, shows your actions. While there is no perfect solution this does make it more difficult to end up at NCA one level lower.

That does mean however that every coach will have to explain to their parents twice why they are dropping down (or in the case of doing an extra competition paying for that 'qualification' competition). As well it more, to your peers, shows your actions. While there is no perfect solution this does make it more difficult to end up at NCA one level lower.
I get what you're saying but a coach could easily say that for their first competition their team "just isn't ready yet" and then for NCA "well if we want to be competitive we should drop a level". I really do love this rule, just trying to play devil's advocate here :)

I think you should have to compete in one division all year...like sign up for that level at the beginning of the year. Obv if you start as large and lose kids, you can move to small but I see teams do this all the time- dropping 1 or 2 levels for the big comps just to win and it is heartbreaking for the teams who are legitimately in those lower divisions.

To me the basic premise is: you need to compete somewhere else first in the USASF as the level you want to compete at for NCA. No longer will you be able to go to JUST NCA as that lower level. That means athletes and parents will have to accept that their kids will not be working not he skills their gym promised them at the beginning of the season. It is no longer a week before decision.

Latest posts

Back