OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Haha being an extra is actually 'hard' work for little pay most of the time. Hard in the sense of long hours, lots of time either on your feet or waiting around. Sometimes you're doing an overnight shoot and it's cold but you have to pretend it's summer. Yeah, not fun.

Unless you're SAG. In which case you get cold pay, wet pay, overnight bump, snow pay, smoke pay, overtime pay..lucky jerks.

What show was it for? I typically don't do it because I'm non-union and the hours wouldn't be worth the effort. I've had friends on Person of Interest, Boardwalk Empire, Orange is the New Black, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles..

Well it was South Carolina cold...Low 50s at night (which is actually abnormally cold) on the beach and we had to pretend it was warm. It didn't help that they basically had me in a mini skirt, cow boy boots and a crop top...I was a waitress.... :/

Anyway. It wasn't hard work...the hardest part was being around the "actors" that were extras...I couldn't keep a straight face from all of the pretentious-ness. and listening to them rattle off all the shows/and movies they'd been extras in... And explaining to them that I'm just here for fun...that I already have a career....Explaining what my undergrad and grad degrees were in.... Once again explaining that I only there because I had the day off and submitted my picture..:deadhorse:... I think some of the girls were salty that I got a costume

Anyway I had fun when I got away from those types...and talked to the people that were just there for something to do.

And its for some CBS show. A mid season replacement. Reckless or something. I'm just hoping my mom and dad get to see me on TV before its cancelled.

But yeah. That show is filmed here in Charleston and Army Wives (which was just cancelled) was filmed here.

Well it was South Carolina cold...Low 50s at night (which is actually abnormally cold) on the beach and we had to pretend it was warm. It didn't help that they basically had me in a mini skirt, cow boy boots and a crop top...I was a waitress.... :/

Anyway. It wasn't hard work...the hardest part was being around the "actors" that were extras...I couldn't keep a straight face from all of the pretentious-ness. and listening to them rattle off all the shows/and movies they'd been extras in... And explaining to them that I'm just here for fun...
I honestly think there's more drama in being an extra than there is on most sets with high-profile actors. It's hilarious watching people trying to one-up each other. It's like Dance Moms or something. And I'm like, 'Girl, sit down. You're trying to top me by talking about all your extra work. Which, even if you are an actor, DOESN'T REQUIRE AN AUDITION OR TALENT. Take a second.' It's part of the reason I don't do extra work- I don't want to be known as an extra instead of someone who actually wants to do the 'craft'. There's this mythical 'backdoor route' some people think exists where you'll be an extra and magically the director will see you and be like 'YOU! Star in my new film!' Whereas in reality, the LAST thing you want is for the director to notice you, as it usually means you're doing something obnoxious.

I'm glad you had fun! It can be a cool way to experience that side of life/tv. A lot of places like to hire locals as extras because they don't have to worry about corralling lots of people, and they can get away with being a little shoddy on some perks because most people are like 'OMG I'm in a film!!' and don't know how things are supposed to go.

What is going on with Spirit of Texas' twitter?

Theyre posting about some big news that theyre announcing today and I havent seen anyone talking about it :confused:

huh. thats slightly dis-interesting lol. They're making it sound like theyre changing their gym name or moving their program to antarctica or something.

Haha!! Well one tweet does say they are addressing two subjects so maybe the second announcement is more spectacular.....

My guess is their announcement was their Worlds teams, but I thought everyone already knew that...?

I changed my avatar but I might change it back. Are people going to know who I am if I don't have something SF Giants related as my picture???

What is everyone going to be for halloween? I'm 20 and still am going to dress up, I have to work tomorrow night but I think me and 2 other waitresses are going to be the three blind mice :)

I changed my avatar but I might change it back. Are people going to know who I am if I don't have something SF Giants related as my picture???
Yeah I think so! I always look that the names and the pictures so I usually recognize when someone changes their avatar.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back