OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ok so I have a banking question for you. I checked my bank account today and noticed a transfer into my checking account for $150, I didn't recognize the account number, and both my parents are linked to my account so I figured one of them deposited it into my account (never happens, but hey! it could!) I texted my mom and asked her if she did it, she said no. I'm going to ask my dad about it tomorrow morning and also call Chase first thing when I wake up. I found it kinda sketchy because it's never happened before. My question is, does someone have to be linked accounts with me to transfer money over, or should I be worried that someone has my account number and that anyone can send money using Chase.

My sister and I used to each get 2GB of data a month, and it was fine, we sometimes got close but never really went over. But when we got my brothers phones, we couldn't keep the 2 GB per person plan because it only goes up to 4 or 5 people, and we have 6. So now we have this stupid plan where the 6 of us get 10GB to share, and there's no way to give each person a set amount. So two of brothers will use up 90% of the data in two weeks and the rest of us have to suffer without to keep from going over. And half the time we still go over! It's ridiculous! My parents keep having to turn off their data, but by the time it gets to that point it's already too late and we still have to be super careful with it. It's a good thing my dad gets his phone through work or it would be even harder to stay under the limit....

Make sure everyone closes their apps out (if you have iPhones) otherwise some apps will run in the background and waste data!!

My family has that too..but my brother pays for his own phone (he's 25 and doesn't live with us and has a big person job lol) so it's 5 people sharing 10 GB so it ends up still 2GB per person. We sometimes have troubles going over. We haven't yet but we have hit 90% once and 75% since out upgrade in July. Usually everyone is connected to wifi so it's no problem.

It's weird tho because when we has the iPhone 4, we never got close to using it but now with the 5s, we have had a few issues. But it could just be that we all traveled this summer and didn't have wifi connection so it used up more data?

Make sure everyone closes their apps out (if you have iPhones) otherwise some apps will run in the background and waste data!!

My family has that too..but my brother pays for his own phone (he's 25 and doesn't live with us and has a big person job lol) so it's 5 people sharing 10 GB so it ends up still 2GB per person. We sometimes have troubles going over. We haven't yet but we have hit 90% once and 75% since out upgrade in July. Usually everyone is connected to wifi so it's no problem.

It's weird tho because when we has the iPhone 4, we never got close to using it but now with the 5s, we have had a few issues. But it could just be that we all traveled this summer and didn't have wifi connection so it used up more data?
A lot of the 5s use a lot of data and apple likes to lie about that. Went through like 3 months of arguing with Apple and Verizon about how to fix it and still usually go over the data :(

A lot of the 5s use a lot of data and apple likes to lie about that. Went through like 3 months of arguing with Apple and Verizon about how to fix it and still usually go over the data :(

I wonder if they fixed that on e the iPhone 6 that is coming out

We don't know where we're staying yet. We're working with a travel agent (which I never do!) and I think the hotels she sent us that I liked were near the Tuileries. I think. We need to be a reasonable metro ride away from Roland Garros.

I'd love to go to Versailles, but since we only have 2 full days and two of them will be tennis, it might not happen. Maybe before we catch the Eurostar to London.

Maybe I'll keep my eyes peeled for a show in London, I think that's a good prize for me after sitting through 18 hours or so of tennis!

I'm going to jot all of this down!

Versailles would take up a whole day if you did it so I wouldn't advise it if you're limited on time.
Last time I went to Paris my sister and I went on a boat trip down the Seine which was pretty interesting (you can buy tickets immediately before if you don't want to be tied down- just head down to the river by the Eiffel tower). We did it at sunset- so you can go up the Eiffel tower in the daytime (definitely worth booking a time slot ahead of time if that's what you want to do, otherwise you'll spend hours in a queue), then by the time you get to Notre Dame it's lit up, and the Eiffel tower is lit up by the time the boat gets back.
I definitely second Montmartre, I love it there.
Walking from Place de la Concord to the Arc de Triomphe down the Champs Elysees is something you have to do, and some of the cafes aren't toooo ridiculously priced, but obviously if you walk back a few streets they get cheaper.

I've never really done London as a tourist (I really should, maybe that's what I'll do today!), but the London Eye is a good way of seeing the city. Also if you walk across Hungerford bridge you get great views both ways. And there's a cable car across the river if you go a bit further East (it goes between North Greenwich and Royal Victoria) that I keep meaning to do.
The changing of the guard is interesting to watch and doesn't take up much time.
If you want to see a show you can often get really cheap tickets on the day of the show either from the theatre itself or from a place called TKTS (there's quite a few touts pretending to be TKTS, so worth looking up where it is/what it looks like if you do want to use it). But that depends on how set you are on watching a specific show, because they won't all always be available.

I'm sure I've forgotten stuff but I'll let you know if I think of anything else!

Wow sorry for the novel, it's nice to know the places people on here are talking about for a change!

Ok so I have a banking question for you. I checked my bank account today and noticed a transfer into my checking account for $150, I didn't recognize the account number, and both my parents are linked to my account so I figured one of them deposited it into my account (never happens, but hey! it could!) I texted my mom and asked her if she did it, she said no. I'm going to ask my dad about it tomorrow morning and also call Chase first thing when I wake up. I found it kinda sketchy because it's never happened before. My question is, does someone have to be linked accounts with me to transfer money over, or should I be worried that someone has my account number and that anyone can send money using Chase.
I have had accidental deposits made before. I would check with your dad and if it wasn't him call the bank and see if they can track where it came from. Could be a coding error on their part.

My brothers just get annoyed when our wifi is "too slow" and use their data. And even when we tell them to stop, they won't unless my parents turn it off! I always use the least, and I feel like I use a lot.... We all have iPhone 4s except 2 of us so that's not it! It's just 13 and 15 year old boys who don't understand the concept of STOP USING DATA :Rolleyes:

Thank you! It went well. I dont have Internet on my phone so i cant read Fierceboard on it :( that is why i sometimes answer late.

yay, glad it went well! I vaguely recall you posting on here a while back about not being able to find work, so I'm happy for you! I hope it is work you enjoy doing!

yay, glad it went well! I vaguely recall you posting on here a while back about not being able to find work, so I'm happy for you! I hope it is work you enjoy doing!

Yeah I have had a really rough time finding jobs. ive been unemployed literally since i was 19 and just out of school. (I did not go to uni because of my aspergers. Uni is not as easy getting in to over here.) and yeah i like it. i clean in an assisted living place for old people and enjoy it. its only for about a year but still. Its something.

My sister's friend posted a picture to instagram of herself and some friends wearing her cheer uniform to school the day of a game and she's wearing her shell top with JEANS AND RAINBOWS AND I WANT TO DIE AND/OR STRANGLE THAT COACH

Grosss. When I coached crayton I used to have to get on them about wearing white tanks underneath the shells and letting the white hang out. It drove me nuts. Middle schoolers are the worst

Note to anyone who is as horrible at math as I am: DO NOT TAKE ONLINE MATH.

I have an irrational fear of being called on by teachers in class. I'm TERRRRIBLE at math so I thought, "what better way to take the required credit without the embarrassment?" Wrong. Don't do it. It's too late for me to drop now.

Also, my school doesn't offer tutors for online courses :,(

Back