OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My husband and I are going to London and Paris next May for the French Open of tennis. We just booked our tickets today! So if anyone has any recommendations for things to see or do, let me know! We have 4 full days in Paris (though probably 2 will be tennis days) and 3 full days in London.

Not very original but here are a few ideas :
- Notre-Dame Cathedrale
- Pont des Arts (a pedestrian bridge across the Seine river where many couples put padlocks with their names on them)
- The Louvre (if you like museums, if not, the pyramid is still nice to see)
- Tuileries garden
- Place de la Concorde (with the egyptian obelisk in the center)
- Champs-Elysées
- Arc de Triomphe
- Tour Eiffel (although you'll see that one even if you don't get close, there are quite a few places in Paris where you get a good view of it)

Conveniently, you can do all of these, in that order or reverse, in a single stroll through the city. It takes about 5km to go from Notre-Dame to the Arc de Triomphe, and it's pretty much a straight line. To go from the Arc de Triomphe to the Eiffel Tower, you might like to take the subway line n°6. It goes directly from one to the other, and it's not actually underground on this side of town so you get the see the city as you ride it.

I wrap my hands in athletic tape for practice because I peel and get really bad bruises.

Couldn't really find a good picture besides this one
jpc6mc.jpg

I usually tape my index and middle fingers together too.
Use some pre-wrap underneath to save your skin!

- Notre-Dame Cathedrale
- Pont des Arts (a pedestrian bridge across the Seine river where many couples put padlocks with their names on them)
- Tuileries garden
- Champs-Elysées
- Arc de Triomphe
- Tour Eiffel (although you'll see that one even if you don't get close, there are quite a few places in Paris where you get a good view of it)

Conveniently, you can do all of these, in that order or reverse, in a single stroll through the city. It takes about 5km to go from Notre-Dame to the Arc de Triomphe, and it's pretty much a straight line. To go from the Arc de Triomphe to the Eiffel Tower, you might like to take the subway line n°6. It goes directly from one to the other, and it's not actually underground on this side of town so you get the see the city as you ride it.
Be aware that the Louvre is closed on Tuesdays.

Musee d'Orsay has a lot of more "modern" art, if you call Van Gogh and impressionists modern.

- Notre-Dame Cathedrale
- Tuileries garden
- Champs-Elysées
- Arc de Triomphe

I recognize every one of these from projects we had to do in my French class last year! I'm really proud of that. Mine was the Moulin Rouge. Lol the first thing I was told whenever I got my assignment was "don't search for that on Google images." I didn't believe him when he told me what it was. Then when I looked it up I was like "Oh. He was serious."

- Notre-Dame Cathedrale
- Tuileries garden
- Champs-Elysées
- Arc de Triomphe

@Ashley - to add onto the above, anything you can buy tickets for online in both London and Paris, absolutely do so.

There is a phenomenal crepe place over by the Bastille. I highly recommend the nutella + banana crepes. It's free standing and you pretty much cannot miss it, it looks like a pink carnival booth.
Musee Rodin - one of my all time favorites. We also enjoyed the Dali Museum in Montmarte. When you go up to Montmarte, take the funicular up. Sacre Couer is beautiful and you get a wonderful view of the whole city from up there.
The catacombs are creepy but a very cool part of French history.
Take the train to Versailles, plan to spend the day there. But go very early, it gets insanely crowded.
I remember going to see Jim Morrison's grave the first time I was there but for some reason I think it has been moved? (I was/am a huge Doors fan).
Do you have any idea what arrondissement you are staying in? We prefer staying around The Marais or the Bastille. The Metro is right there and it is walkable to many sights.

London - The London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Picadilly Circus, Trafalfar Square. Changing of the guard at Buckingham. If you can, rent a paddleboat in Hyde Park. We also went to the Botanical Gardens in Kew Gardens and it was beautiful. Took my girls to see Wicked; it was not difficult to get tickets for a show the day of. We also went to Stonehenge and Bath for the day, but it is a ride outside of the city and probably better for another trip.

@Ashley - to add onto the above, anything you can buy tickets for online in both London and Paris, absolutely do so.

There is a phenomenal crepe place over by the Bastille. I highly recommend the nutella + banana crepes. It's free standing and you pretty much cannot miss it, it looks like a pink carnival booth.
Musee Rodin - one of my all time favorites. We also enjoyed the Dali Museum in Montmarte. When you go up to Montmarte, take the funicular up. Sacre Couer is beautiful and you get a wonderful view of the whole city from up there.
The catacombs are creepy but a very cool part of French history.
Take the train to Versailles, plan to spend the day there. But go very early, it gets insanely crowded.
I remember going to see Jim Morrison's grave the first time I was there but for some reason I think it has been moved? (I was/am a huge Doors fan).
Do you have any idea what arrondissement you are staying in? We prefer staying around The Marais or the Bastille. The Metro is right there and it is walkable to many sights.

London - The London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Picadilly Circus, Trafalfar Square. Changing of the guard at Buckingham. If you can, rent a paddleboat in Hyde Park. We also went to the Botanical Gardens in Kew Gardens and it was beautiful. Took my girls to see Wicked; it was not difficult to get tickets for a show the day of. We also went to Stonehenge and Bath for the day, but it is a ride outside of the city and probably better for another trip.

We don't know where we're staying yet. We're working with a travel agent (which I never do!) and I think the hotels she sent us that I liked were near the Tuileries. I think. We need to be a reasonable metro ride away from Roland Garros.

I'd love to go to Versailles, but since we only have 2 full days and two of them will be tennis, it might not happen. Maybe before we catch the Eurostar to London.

Maybe I'll keep my eyes peeled for a show in London, I think that's a good prize for me after sitting through 18 hours or so of tennis!

I'm going to jot all of this down!

Awesome, thanks!
We had tea at the Kensington Palace tea house. It's a little pricey but totally worth it. Some of the best finger foods I've ever eaten and the experience is awesome. We also did a really neat tour of Kensington Palace itself and that was a lot of fun.

The Orangery - Kensington - London, United Kingdom | Yelp
Kensington Palace Official Website - Tickets, Events & History

ETA we also went to go see Chicago. Wasn't hard at all to get tickets the day before. The headset tour at the Tower of London is very interesting as well.

We had tea at the Kensington Palace tea house. It's a little pricey but totally worth it. Some of the best finger foods I've ever eaten and the experience is awesome. We also did a really neat tour of Kensington Palace itself and that was a lot of fun.

The Orangery - Kensington - London, United Kingdom | Yelp
Kensington Palace Official Website - Tickets, Events & History

ETA we also went to go see Chicago. Wasn't hard at all to get tickets the day before. The headset tour at the Tower of London is very interesting as well.
The Tower of London was fascinating - and seeing all those jewels! Forgot about that.

@Ashley not so much about what to do, but a helpful app! It's called Paris Metro and it's basically an app with a map and all the stops of the metro. You can even put in your starting station and tell it what station you want to go to, and it will route it and tell you the lines you have to take and any transfers. And it's in English and you don't need a cellular or wifi connection! Big help when I was in Paris since I wasn't so familiar with it and it's huge! I have an iphone though, and I don't know if it's on other platforms, but it's worth it to look.
Makes me miss Paris and London, it's been nearly a year to the day since I was there! Have fun!!!

I've had unlimited with AT&T since the first iphone came out.
Jaylen has not and kept going over and someone else on my plan who paid their own bill wanted out so I changed the number and gave her that line to her so now she has unlimited also.
Her other line ends in December so I'll just cancel it then! I'm just so happy I don't have to monitor her data usage anymore!

She is eligible for upgrade now and I'm not till December but I love that we can get the new phones with an upgrade and never lose unlimited data!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had unlimited with AT&T since the first iphone came out.
Jaylen has not and kept going over and someone else on my plan who paid their own bill wanted out so I changed the number and gave her that line to her so now she has unlimited also.
Her other line ends in December so I'll just cancel it then! I'm just so happy I don't have to monitor her data usage anymore!

She is eligible for upgrade now and I'm not till December but I love that we can get the new phones with an upgrade and never lose unlimited data!

My sister and I used to each get 2GB of data a month, and it was fine, we sometimes got close but never really went over. But when we got my brothers phones, we couldn't keep the 2 GB per person plan because it only goes up to 4 or 5 people, and we have 6. So now we have this stupid plan where the 6 of us get 10GB to share, and there's no way to give each person a set amount. So two of brothers will use up 90% of the data in two weeks and the rest of us have to suffer without to keep from going over. And half the time we still go over! It's ridiculous! My parents keep having to turn off their data, but by the time it gets to that point it's already too late and we still have to be super careful with it. It's a good thing my dad gets his phone through work or it would be even harder to stay under the limit....

My sister and I used to each get 2GB of data a month, and it was fine, we sometimes got close but never really went over. But when we got my brothers phones, we couldn't keep the 2 GB per person plan because it only goes up to 4 or 5 people, and we have 6. So now we have this stupid plan where the 6 of us get 10GB to share, and there's no way to give each person a set amount. So two of brothers will use up 90% of the data in two weeks and the rest of us have to suffer without to keep from going over. And half the time we still go over! It's ridiculous! My parents keep having to turn off their data, but by the time it gets to that point it's already too late and we still have to be super careful with it. It's a good thing my dad gets his phone through work or it would be even harder to stay under the limit....
I know I couldn't imagining having a limit and if I did I couldn't share!

The problem is the data is delayed for usages so when you get that 90% notification (especially when she only had 2GBs) she was basically already over. I would tell her no data and she wouldn't but the usage would update us and put her over. I actually got this changed to unlimited for her in august ...it worked perfectly on our Tennessee trip she basically stayed on Vine looking at Magcon boy videos or on YouTube and I didn't have to tell her to get off. She killed that data in that day alone and it's just so worth it. I don't have to ask her everyday is she on wifi because I don't care!

Also anyone want an at&t secret?

If you are on a family plan and have an unlimited text feature you are likely paying $30 a month for that. They now offer it for $20 just because .. Basically anyone can get it (almost)

Just call and inquire about it and tell them it's to much and a previous associate told you that you qualify for the $20 feature. It's worth a shot!

I didn't even ask for it this girl was like hey I can save you money do you want text for 20 ... Haha sure why not lol

I know I couldn't imagining having a limit and if I did I couldn't share!

The problem is the data is delayed for usages so when you get that 90% notification (especially when she only had 2GBs) she was basically already over. I would tell her no data and she wouldn't but the usage would update us and put her over. I actually got this changed to unlimited for her in august ...it worked perfectly on our Tennessee trip she basically stayed on Vine looking at Magcon boy videos or on YouTube and I didn't have to tell her to get off. She killed that data in that day alone and it's just so worth it. I don't have to ask her everyday is she on wifi because I don't care!

Also anyone want an at&t secret?

If you are on a family plan and have an unlimited text feature you are likely paying $30 a month for that. They now offer it for $20 just because .. Basically anyone can get it (almost)

Just call and inquire about it and tell them it's to much and a previous associate told you that you qualify for the $20 feature. It's worth a shot!

I didn't even ask for it this girl was like hey I can save you money do you want text for 20 ... Haha sure why not lol

I had At&t for a long time- mostly because of the Iphone. Now that I have Verizon I regret not staying with at&t. I really have to watch my data usage. Plus I'm on a family plan. I get WiFi at my house so that helps a lot. With at&t I never had to watch out for my usage.

Back