OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
not married - don't even have a boyfriend LOL but two of my family members just got married in churches. neither church had a "fee," per say, but one had a required donation amount (how that's not a fee, i'm not sure, but they don't call it one) and the other required a donation, but no set number.. just whatever you could give (I think my cousin wrote them a check for $200.) my sister ended up getting married at her reception venue, but she was looking into a few churches and one or two of them charged you a set fee if you weren't a parishioner of the church.

Thank you!!!

The soldier passed away and the suspect was gunned down in one of the parliament buildings outside the library. They think there might be another gunmen though and downtown is still locked down and lots of events tonight and the rest of the week are cancelled including a JDRF event I was supposed volunteer at. Not mad though as it was right by the parliament building and I'd rather not be downtown.

So sad for a soldier who was just doing his duty for his country and was unarmed at the time and murdered. I know a few people who knew him and it's a sad day in the Capitol but even more sad for friends and family.

The soldier passed away and the suspect was gunned down in one of the parliament buildings outside the library. They think there might be another gunmen though and downtown is still locked down and lots of events tonight and the rest of the week are cancelled including a JDRF event I was supposed volunteer at. Not mad though as it was right by the parliament building and I'd rather not be downtown.

So sad for a soldier who was just doing his duty for his country and was unarmed at the time and murdered. I know a few people who knew him and it's a sad day in the Capitol but even more sad for friends and family.
Just heard about this. Such a tragedy.

Question for those of you who are getting married/have gotten married,

The roommates and I were having a discussion and we were wondering, do you pay to use the church for your wedding. Or is it more like it's just customary to give a donation but not pay for the space?
One of the churches I was looking at had a required fee, which was really just a required donation. It was $300 for parishioners and $750 for non-parishioners. You also pay for musicians.

So JTV is in the house tonight taking a look at the Beatles!! Crazy because I'm literally the only one in the parent room who has any idea who that is (in terms of the service provided). Love the Fierceboard!!!:shimmy:

Question for those of you who are getting married/have gotten married,

The roommates and I were having a discussion and we were wondering, do you pay to use the church for your wedding. Or is it more like it's just customary to give a donation but not pay for the space?

It depends. If you're a member of the church they met let you use it for free, but you're supposed to give a donation.

I got married at a church we don't belong to. It cost us around $800 for the church and the organist and the singer. And then we gave some money to the priest as well.

Also, the morning of the wedding I would have been happy to sit in a corner on my iPad by myself but people wouldn't leave me alone :p

I'm considering PCM Vacaville open 6.... It's been over two years since I even held a half so I'm super nervous and worried that I won't work.

I'm going to check out a practice on Sunday!
Heyyyyyy, when do they practice? Because if it's like every Sunday....

Back