OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Lol it makes me laugh because I don't look my age at all and get hit on by younger guys all the time. If there were an age limit on being able to go out to a club/bar I'd be pretty p o'd haha

I don't go clubbing often at all unless it's to work for a friend who manages a club downtown. I'm going out for my birthday this year with my girlfriends for the first time in years. Now that I'm single I'd be thoroughly upset if I didn't get hit on lol by any age :p

Yeah that's where a I rolled my eyes...."age limit" on going to a club. Girl bye. When I still went to clubs there were 40+ aged people in there having a blast.

Live and let live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At school, the 40+ year old women were the ones having the most fun at the bars.

Yes, when those men aren't hitting on the college girls ;)
Lol

As you can tell by my mental age I have a few friends that are 15 yrs or so younger. I'd like to go clubbing with them but they always go out so late, lol. Just kidding. When we do head out, very rare any more, you'd be surprised that age to them doesn't really matter except they are all afraid of the younger ones being too young.

**If you spend $700 to chase a Paid bid was it really worth your money**

I probably should have worded it better. I don't care who goes to clubs, but when someone who is significantly older than I am and who refuses to leave me alone, thats when it gets creepy.

That happens anywhere though... I had a male customer at work who was old enough to be my father try...he then sent an email asking to go out. Thankfully my name is very common so it actually got sent to our area (by that I mean the entire north east area) director of finance who then sent it on to me...but that was my excuse not to respond...he even said "I don't know if I have the right one, but...." So I pretended it never got to me.

Eta- it's also creepier in my mind when they're sober. Then they're aware of what they're doing.

I actually have only had it happen once outside of clubs/bars. And I'm convinced the guy last night was sober. We actually ended up having to completely leave the club and go home because he wouldn't leave me alone...

Don't take this the wrong way because I'm genuinely curious.

An older guy hitting on you at the club creeped you out to the point where you had to leave and go home.....but the other day you posted a story about some strange presumably young guys buying you drinks all night and wandering the streets in a foreign country, partying with them?

A predator is a predator regardless of age. The next time you're partying with strange young guys that are giving you drinks, remember how that old guy made you feel because whatever you felt he was capable of, so are the young ones.

Just my late 20s old person perspective. I could be wrong.

At school, the 40+ year old women were the ones having the most fun at the bars.
We're the ones having the most fun at... Every place we go.

The joy of being over 40 is that I care a LOT less what people think of what I'm doing. If I want to go to a bar and hit on guys that are 10+ years younger than me... I do. If I want to sit home and read a book and go to bed at 8 o'clock on a Friday night... I do.

As for bars, I think women my age have more of an appreciation for what a night out at a bar is. *It's just a night out at a bar.* I find most girls in their early 20s (me included when I was that age) go to the bar looking for something life changing. At my age, I just want to wear something cute that I can't wear to work, have some drinks where someone else is going to wash the glasses, and chat with people that aren't 3 years old.
Nothing life changing, just a break.

I actually have only had it happen once outside of clubs/bars. And I'm convinced the guy last night was sober. We actually ended up having to completely leave the club and go home because he wouldn't leave me alone...

Like I said before..if you feel that strongly about the situation then you shouldn't be going out clubbing. Many people go to clubs/bars to meet girls. Sometimes its to get lucky for the night but believe it or not some are in it for meeting girlfriends because they don't meet people anywhere else.

The joy of being over 40 is that I care a LOT less what people think of what I'm doing. If I want to go to a bar and hit on guys that are 10+ years younger than me... I do. If I want to sit home and read a book and go to bed at 8 o'clock on a Friday night... I do.

As for bars, I think women my age have more of an appreciation for what a night out at a bar is. *It's just a night out at a bar.* I find most girls in their early 20s (me included when I was that age) go to the bar looking for something life changing. At my age, I just want to wear something cute that I can't wear to work, have some drinks where someone else is going to wash the glasses, and chat with people that aren't 3 years old.

Late 20s must be the new 40s because I do all of those things....

I can't wait to turn 40.

(Actually I never wanna turn 40, I just want my friends to grow the heck up.)

I never once felt uneasy around the other guys, and we were out during the day time, between 2:30 and 5 to be exact, not at 2 in the morning in a club. When I was with them the previous night in a club, two of my friends were with me and we made sure that we didn't get split up. And I wouldn't really call it partying. We were at a pub having drinks. Was the pub crowded? Yes. Was there security everywhere because of the holiday? Yes. I admitted in the other post that it wasn't my smartest move as well.

1. Rape can happen with a stranger you "feel comfortable with"
2. Rape can happen at 10am. It can happen at 2pm. 5 pm 11 pm 2am
3. Security hasn't stopped plenty of girls from getting snatched up.

You're clearly missing my point, like I said. How you felt with the "older" guy is how hou should feel going off with all strange men. Don't learn the hard way to not pick and choose when to vigilant

I can't wait to turn 40.

(Actually I never wanna turn 40, I just want my friends to grow the heck up.)

On the Today Show they said you can wear crop tops and bikinis until you're 48 (or some other arbitrary age that in no way should dictate what one can or cannot put on their body) so I very well may already be 40 and just not know it

I think it's the opposite - 40s are the new "late 20s." Because I know my parents were never as cool in their 40s as I am now. [emoji1]

That's disappointing news because Jay Z says that 30's the 20's (high five if anyone gets that reference) and lord knows I don't want to go back to my early 20s.

Back